V. O. T. E.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
What kind of a question is "Why give people a false sense of hope."?
Are you kidding? Is it better to give them a false sense of fear? Isn't that why this site was created? Have you given up already?
It isn't only my belief that non bid cover drivers will have 9.5 protections, it will be my focus for the next 5 years. Plans are already in the works in my building to address this on 8-1-2013. The intent of language in Article 37 MOU addresses all of this. Your BA should have a copy of this information.
Aren't you the one telling them if they are a bid driver, they are protected from over 9.5's? Well alot of drivers aren't covered. You are giving people hope and it won't apply to them.
Just another, I got mine-FU to everyone else.
Just as long as your benefits don't get cut. Right Stinker?

browned out

Are you kidding? Is it better to give them a false sense of fear? Isn't that why this site was created? Have you given up already?
It isn't only my belief that non bid cover drivers will have 9.5 protections, it will be my focus for the next 5 years. Plans are already in the works in my building to address this on 8-1-2013. The intent of language in Article 37 MOU addresses all of this. Your BA should have a copy of this information.
Stay positive. Your reasoning has no basis. How will an unassigned driver still in progression be afforded these rights? I know you can read the language but do you comprehend it. How many 9.5 grievances have you seen go the wrong way? You can fight until the cows come home. I have been a steward. The language is very clear. Maybe you can get a rider passed with your positive interpretation of this new language. Good luck. I am sure you fight as hard for the people you represent as you do arguing points on this site. Keep up the good work. Being a steward or committee person is a very time consuming and an under appreciated position.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Aren't you the one telling them if they are a bid driver, they are protected from over 9.5's? Well alot of drivers aren't covered. You are giving people hope and it won't apply to them.
Just another, I got mine-FU to everyone else.
Just as long as your benefits don't get cut. Right Stinker?

dont want to get in the middle of the old guard, new guard battle but it does sound like that stinks local is proactive and doesn't take crap from the man...just saying

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I think maybe some folk unintentionally miss the words "In addition" or maybe just don't know how that changes the context of the paragraph. The context is the protection of cover drivers with less than 4 years seniority. The contract is for our protection. Read it in that light. And many drivers do vacation coverage. The lowest seniority folk sometimes just covers days off and sick days to work. I really don't see how this is unfair. Ask the drivers that are laid off 15 out of 17 days if they would work 2 or 3 twelves a week to stay off of unemployment and keep their benefits.

stink219

Stay positive. Your reasoning has no basis. How will an unassigned driver still in progression be afforded these rights? I know you can read the language but do you comprehend it. How many 9.5 grievances have you seen go the wrong way? You can fight until the cows come home. I have been a steward. The language is very clear. Maybe you can get a rider passed with your positive interpretation of this new language. Good luck. I am sure you fight as hard for the people you represent as you do arguing points on this site. Keep up the good work. Being a steward or committee person is a very time consuming and an under appreciated position.
I've had filed about 30 paid 9.5 grievances in the past year for drivers. PAID!! Your lack of trust comes locally. Some of us don't have an issue with enforcement of our contract. I feel sorry for those that get walked on. It actually isn't a hard job being a steward. You just need creativity and balls.and thank you for the compliment.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I've had filed about 30 paid 9.5 grievances in the past year for drivers. PAID!! Your lack of trust comes locally. Some of us don't have an issue with enforcement of our contract. I feel sorry for those that get walked on. It actually isn't a hard job being a steward. You just need creativity and balls.and thank you for the compliment.
Good luck trying that on drivers who are not bid drivers. New contract. New language. Less protections.

stink219

Good luck trying that on drivers who are not bid drivers. New contract. New language. Less protections.
Less protections? Are you even a driver? They don't have to be bid drivers. Assigned. Do you know what assigned means? I love how if you read article 37, there were paragraphs of protects added, yet 1realbrown says less protections. How does this language have less protections than before?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Most cover drivers (that I know) skip lunch and breaks and hammer it out anyway. I do believe that this language is sketchy. What I am saying is that just because you are a cover driver, it does not mean you have less than four years of seniority. Hence, we will see how it actually plays out when contract is ratified. I am willing to bet that cover drivers with less than four years of seniority will not be allowed to opt-in or whatever goofy terminology it is they want to use. Cover drivers with at least four will (begrudgingly) be able to. This is an opinion. Not an emotional one. Feel free to call me names or throw accusations my way.

browned out

Here's how it goes at the grievance hearing.

Company: Billy UPS is claiming it is a contract violation that he can not be on the 9.5 list
Union: Yes
Company: Does Billy have 4 years seniority?
Union: NO
Company: Ok he does not qualify
Union Was Billy UPS assigned for the week?
Company : NO he is unassigned as we are not entitled to assign all drivers a weeks worth of work. When there is not max vacations; even bid coverage drivers can be unassigned.
Company: Billy does not qualify for 9.5.

Don't be a Billy.

over9five

Staff member
38500132.jpg

stink219

Doesn't say anything about cut routes or getting bumped by other drivers. Management will exploit that hole. Watch and see. Weak language. Enough said.
Does it say you can't? It is still under the second qualification.
I noticed that people that say "enough said" should change it to their true intent, "Don't wanna hear".

browned out

Does it say you can't? It is still under the second qualification.
I noticed that people that say "enough said" should change it to their true intent, "Don't wanna hear".

If you did not bid on are route because you are not a bid driver: If you were not assigned because the company is not obligated to assign routes or any assign designation to all drivers. You will not qualify for 9.5 list.
If everyone can get on the 9.5 list as you imply, why even have any language at all???????????? Who will not be able to get on the list if the contract is interpreted as it is written??????????????

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

If you did not bid on are route because you are not a bid driver: If you were not assigned because the company is not obligated to assign routes or any assign designation to all drivers. You will not qualify for 9.5 list.
If everyone can get on the 9.5 list as you imply, why even have any language at all???????????? Who will not be able to get on the list if the contract is interpreted as it is written??????????????

I have no intention of getting on the list. Can I sell my spot to a cover driver?