Vacation bid

SmithBarney

FedEx will just answer with it was a clerical typographic error, also what's a prime week... here its just a free for all. if you are top dog with 5 weeks, you bid all 5 at once(any 5 that aren't blacked out)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You've been reduced to personal attack.
All I did was ask simple yes or no questions which you refuse to answer.
I understand policy written, and I understand condoned variances of policy.
I have no obligation to prove my education. We can agree, a supposed uneducated rube worked you in a corner you can't fight your way out of.
I offered the best alternative to satisfy the problem, you are too proud to agree.
Are you a manager? Easy enough to answer without deflection.

I've stated enough about my job that you shouldn't have to ask the question and I'm not going to waste my time answering a dozen yes/no questions (and then the half million followup posts) from you or anyone else. The OPs question has been answered about as well as it can be. It's not my problem if you don't like the answers provided.

59 Dano

FedEx will just answer with it was a clerical typographic error, also what's a prime week... here its just a free for all. if you are top dog with 5 weeks, you bid all 5 at once(any 5 that aren't blacked out)

Any week within the months of June, July, or (I think) August are considered prime weeks. Being in a station where all weeks are bid at once would suck royally.

floridays

I've stated enough about my job that you shouldn't have to ask the question and I'm not going to waste my time answering a dozen yes/no questions (and then the half million followup posts) from you or anyone else. The OPs question has been answered about as well as it can be. It's not my problem if you don't like the answers provided.

You felt the need to follow up however.

The yes and no's had nothing to do with your job, it had to do with logical thinking and apparently in your position you are not allowed to think independently.

You provided no answers to any question I asked.
You aren't the guy you think you are, my conclusion is you're a Fedex manager that cannot think beyond talking points or think your way out of a yes or no dilemma.

You're no great shakes Amigo.

P1 Failure

There are 3 different vacation bidding processes. It depends on what the district uses. My district uses the bid all your weeks by seniority process. The other 2 are something like everybody bids 3 weeks(if you have it) and then the last in a second round. I think prime weeks are in one of them somewhere.

I actually thought that you had to have 10 years to break up weeks as a company policy.

59 Dano

You felt the need to follow up however.

The yes and no's had nothing to do with your job, it had to do with logical thinking and apparently in your position you are not allowed to think independently.

You provided no answers to any question I asked.
You aren't the guy you think you are, my conclusion is you're a Fedex manager that cannot think beyond talking points or think your way out of a yes or no dilemma.

You're no great shakes Amigo.

Alrighty then!

floridays

My fault, I should have been clearer. Vacation bids are made during a distinct period of time, dictated by the company.
There are rounds of bidding, options are allowed at the discretion of the MD.

They are, the initial requests can be changed however at a later date. That is policy.

Last edited: