Vacation Cash Out

How do you go about cashing in vacation time but yet still work? Could use the extra money so dont want to take the time off. Is there a certain period when you can cash out?

PT Car Washer

How do you go about cashing in vacation time but yet still work? Could use the extra money so dont want to take the time off. Is there a certain period when you can cash out?
We just ask our sup or manager if you can work your vacation next week. Most times we are so short they agree. Just don't expect a light week. If you want to work they will give you work.

barnyard

KTM rider
Depending on where you are, the contract may not have any provisions for you working your vacation. I am in Central. If you pick your vacations when we pick, then you cannot cash them out. However, if you ask, they will put you to work. The thing is, because the contract does not cover the scenario, you may be forced to work a job you may not want.

I was set to cover a route and a supe called and said, "You are working this other route, that guy is working his vacation." I called the union hall and they took it from there. I worked his route and he had the option to work as the lowest seniority cover guy.

When I needed the money, I worked the preload during a week of vacation. My daughter had been in a very serious car accident and I worked the preload while she was in the hospital and for 2 weeks of her recovery. Now I have an emergency cushion for that. Then, I did not.

Mycow

Try this

Live within your means

Maybe he does live with in his means. I'll be cashing in as many as I can this year or working mine. Doing the same when I hit my anniversary this year since I been out all year and I'll just use my fmla next year for vacations

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Maybe he does live with in his means. I'll be cashing in as many as I can this year or working mine. Doing the same when I hit my anniversary this year since I been out all year and I'll just use my fmla next year for vacations
No friends, hobbys? I’d rather be homeless than work my vacations

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
8CC3E95A-2D05-4EFF-9486-0FE5F2889B96.jpeg
In 30 years at UPS I must have given back or worked at a maximum 0 vacation days.

Mycow

No friends, hobbys? I’d rather be homeless than work my vacations

Been off all year. vacation pay next year will be very low, rather cash out this year and use my fmla for my kid that is coming any day now for vacation time next year. I rather take the first week un paid on fmla then get a crap vacation check