Vacation Cash Out

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by NoCallNoShow, Jun 27, 2019.

1. NoCallNoShow

NoCallNoShow New Member

How do you go about cashing in vacation time but yet still work? Could use the extra money so dont want to take the time off. Is there a certain period when you can cash out?

2. Every supplement is different. Here we can cash out one week if we have 4 weeks.

3. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

Here you have to pick your buy back weeks before picking vacation weeks.

4. rod

rod retired and happy

first thing you should do is have your head examined for even thinking about giving up a vacation.

• Winner Winner x 17
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We just ask our sup or manager if you can work your vacation next week. Most times we are so short they agree. Just don't expect a light week. If you want to work they will give you work.

6. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Try this

Live within your means

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Depending on where you are, the contract may not have any provisions for you working your vacation. I am in Central. If you pick your vacations when we pick, then you cannot cash them out. However, if you ask, they will put you to work. The thing is, because the contract does not cover the scenario, you may be forced to work a job you may not want.

I was set to cover a route and a supe called and said, "You are working this other route, that guy is working his vacation." I called the union hall and they took it from there. I worked his route and he had the option to work as the lowest seniority cover guy.

When I needed the money, I worked the preload during a week of vacation. My daughter had been in a very serious car accident and I worked the preload while she was in the hospital and for 2 weeks of her recovery. Now I have an emergency cushion for that. Then, I did not.

8. Mycow

Mycow Member

Maybe he does live with in his means. I'll be cashing in as many as I can this year or working mine. Doing the same when I hit my anniversary this year since I been out all year and I'll just use my fmla next year for vacations

9. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Please stop working your vacations ...no wonder UPS doesn’t hire anybody. You cant make money outside of UPS?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

No friends, hobbys? I’d rather be homeless than work my vacations

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  11. PT Car Washer

Sometimes that could be the other option, be homeless. I would rather work my vacation then be homeless.

12. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I could beg on the streets of a big city and make more in one day than I would working preload for a week..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

In 30 years at UPS I must have given back or worked at a maximum 0 vacation days.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

8CC3E95A-2D05-4EFF-9486-0FE5F2889B96.jpeg

15. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

But not spell "hobbies"

16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Divorce the bitch . Problem solved.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. PT Car Washer

The future of UPS. Millennial's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Mycow

Mycow Member

Been off all year. vacation pay next year will be very low, rather cash out this year and use my fmla for my kid that is coming any day now for vacation time next year. I rather take the first week un paid on fmla then get a crap vacation check

19. rod

rod retired and happy

Me too. No vacation days worked- No days after Thanksgiving worked-No days I wasn't scheduled to work period. I enjoyed my time off too much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

You must live a charmed life. S*** happens