Vacation Denied

PT Car Washer

Really 6 years working at UPS and doesn't know what a bid position is ???
I can't remember the last time I saw a bid sheet for a PT position. They are called preferred jobs list and you sign up and wait if you are offered that job on your sort or another sort. Nobody really knows how fair it works unless you know everyone on every sort.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Agreed but if you miss the day before a holiday UPS can hold your pay until you work the day after.

Not if you have a doctors note.

Central Region Supplement

Article 15

Section 1

One (1) of the qualifications is that regular seniority employees

must complete the regularly scheduled workday which immediately

precedes or follows the holiday, except in cases of proven illness

or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

oldngray

nowhere special
Not if you have a doctors note.

Central Region Supplement

Article 15

Section 1

One (1) of the qualifications is that regular seniority employees

must complete the regularly scheduled workday which immediately

precedes or follows the holiday, except in cases of proven illness

or unless the absence is mutually agreed to.

And if you don't go in to show the doctors note that day? Your vacation pay will still get held until you can prove the illness so if you work the day after the holiday that point gets rendered moot.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And if you don't go in to show the doctors note that day? Your vacation pay will still get held until you can prove the illness so if you work the day after the holiday that point gets rendered moot.

Most people will not take the note to UPS the same day they see the doctor, but they can. Just clarifying language.

Most believe you have to either work the day before or the day after, and that is it.

KaiserTom

As bull:censored2: as it is, I know people who work in my center that take 3 months of the year off in total in mostly sick days and the rest option and vacation days, and they've told me to do much the same when I get up to 2+ years seniority. There was even a day sometime in March that 50% of the shift called out (not even an exaggeration) and the PT sups had to be allowed to load.

The culture in my center of doing the bare minimum and less is cancerous, but management can't do :censored2: about it due to a combination of seniority and a severe lack of employees since we have a massive turnover rate (which has to do with how little UPS actually pays in relation to jobs around here, why break your back for UPS for 11 when you can do less at retail and make 12+? There's no reason to work at my center if you have no intentions to become a driver or aren't going to school).

CHALLY9TX

UPSGUY72

I can't remember the last time I saw a bid sheet for a PT position. They are called preferred jobs list and you sign up and wait if you are offered that job on your sort or another sort. Nobody really knows how fair it works unless you know everyone on every sort.

I'm just saying a bid sheet in general. Also the that the OP has been working for UPS for 6 years and has never heard someone talking about signing or wanting to sign a bid sheet if it goes up and then never asked what the other were taking about. Bid sheet in my area area posted on the operations office door at each center everyone walks by it at least twice a day.

By The Book

As bull:censored2: as it is, I know people who work in my center that take 3 months of the year off in total in mostly sick days and the rest option and vacation days, and they've told me to do much the same when I get up to 2+ years seniority. There was even a day sometime in March that 50% of the shift called out (not even an exaggeration) and the PT sups had to be allowed to load.

The culture in my center of doing the bare minimum and less is cancerous, but management can't do :censored2: about it due to a combination of seniority and a severe lack of employees since we have a massive turnover rate (which has to do with how little UPS actually pays in relation to jobs around here, why break your back for UPS for 11 when you can do less at retail and make 12+? There's no reason to work at my center if you have no intentions to become a driver or aren't going to school).
Maybe UPS in your area should bump up the part time rate to keep their employees. I do believe contract rates of pay are minimums.

QKRSTKR

Glad it worked out for you. I didn't know the contract well either when I was part time. You did know it was 17% between May 1st and Labor Day. You knew you were getting hosed and followed thru. To many people just lay down and take it. Good for you and enjoy your vacation worry free.

fordno16

Glad it worked out for you. I didn't know the contract well either when I was part time. You did know it was 17% between May 1st and Labor Day. You knew you were getting hosed and followed thru. To many people just lay down and take it. Good for you and enjoy your vacation worry free.

Thank you!