Vacation in December?

Leftinbuilding

My center manager told me UPS can't stop me from quitting at any time. Ultimately that is really all retirement is---just quitting. They are not giving you a "vacation", they are paying you money earned up to the time you quit. A mgr telling you you can't quit? Thats a hoot.

P

pkghumper

After 30 years, I'm planning to retire Nov. 30. I have 8 vacation weeks available and planned to use them during Dec. and Jan. to complete my 30 years of safe driving. It was approved by center manager and DM; however, the RM denied the plan. At least three drivers in this state received permission to retire and use vacation in Dec.

I'm now in the process of filing a grievance with the Union, who consider this total **. To help bolster my case, I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience. Thanks for your help.

work through peak then take the vaca weeks at the first of the year because you have to pay taxes on what you work for the whole year. if you retire in feb then you only have to pay taxes for the weeks you worked in the new year