Vacation Ruined

Ghost in the Darkness

What do they frisk you? I would still bring it just because I can... but I would still wouldn't use it for work purposes. Its great when manangement knows you have a phone but won't answer it if they call.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
this is your fault buddy. we picked vacations and then they post the schedule. you waited 8 months?????????????

to ask???????

Yolo

You were on vacation. Management isn't supposed to contact you while you're on vacation. The system appears to work.

Theoneandonly24

In October last year I prescheduled a vacation for the month of July. At the beginning of July I asked when the week of my vacation begins, and my manager constantly put off telling me. Last week I was still working and I had to go get tested for Covid. Well while I was in quarantine, I had to repeatedly text when my scheduled vacation began. Still no reply. So after testing negative today. I had to drive to the hub and they told me my vacation was last week. They had failed to tell me when I first asked and they counted my quarantine as my vacation. Which I did not request to be done. What the :censored2: am I supposed to do? They failed to tell me and now my prescheduled vacation is ruined. My manager has constantly failed to do the right things but this was the final straw. Are their grievances or actions I can take?
How do you not know about vacations, management, and grievances but have enough seniority to get a July vacation...

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
In October last year I prescheduled a vacation for the month of July. At the beginning of July I asked when the week of my vacation begins, and my manager constantly put off telling me. Last week I was still working and I had to go get tested for Covid. Well while I was in quarantine, I had to repeatedly text when my scheduled vacation began. Still no reply. So after testing negative today. I had to drive to the hub and they told me my vacation was last week. They had failed to tell me when I first asked and they counted my quarantine as my vacation. Which I did not request to be done. What the :censored2: am I supposed to do? They failed to tell me and now my prescheduled vacation is ruined. My manager has constantly failed to do the right things but this was the final straw. Are their grievances or actions I can take?

You have been provided with a valuable teaching moment young man. The takeaway is that your manager is not your friend. You need to keep track of every hour you work and check every paycheck for accuracy. You need to KNOW when your vacations and days off are scheduled. You TAKE your vacation and you TAKE your allowed breaks - the management team is not obligated to to GIVE them. Take this as a lesson. Grow up, Wake up and start taking responsibility for your life. Good luck to you!

Up In Smoke

I was 19, and I just recently started keeping up with things on the calendar. I was 90% sure it was this week but unfortunately it was last week. Since I wasn't a 100% sure I did the responsible thing and asked for confirmation over and over. As management they still should notify especially when I've requested it.
Contractually, the company must post all vacation schedules. They are also required to post seniority lists and start times. We are all responsible to ensure these are posted, current and accurate.