Vacation selection question

Scoot

We are in the process of vacation selection. Looking at the week between Christmas and New Year's of next year. It would be the week-ending Dec 31, 2022. Anyone know for sure if this week falls under this year's selection or next? We aren't getting any days off for New Year's next year I believe. Seems like a nice week to take.

Also, any idea if Dec 26 the Monday will be considered a holiday? Thanks.

quad decade guy

We are in the process of vacation selection. Looking at the week between Christmas and New Year's of next year. It would be the week-ending Dec 31, 2022. Anyone know for sure if this week falls under this year's selection or next? We aren't getting any days off for New Year's next year I believe. Seems like a nice week to take.

That week was available on our selection list. Yes.

542thruNthru

Depends on your supplemental agreement. Here if a holiday lands on a Sunday it will be observed on Monday.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I am in Central. I've looked but can't see where it's clearly stated anywhere.
It's available. I'm also in Central and will be taking that week off possibly.

Article 16, Central Supp.

(b) An employee who has been employed not less than one thousand two hundred fifty (1,250)
straight-time hours as provided above shall be entitled to vacation with pay, to be taken during
the period from December 26th through the week of Thanksgiving of the following year. There
shall be no vacations from the first (1st) Monday after Thanksgiving to December 25th.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

12-31-2022 is a definitely available. Was talking to Stewie about this the other day. In the 177 that is an available week off. Can’t speak for other locals.

I was told that it is not available because Christmas falls on a Sunday. We can’t take a week off if Christmas falls in that week.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
The entire month of December is blacked out in my local and has been for as long as I can remember. I hate all of you.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
You're the southern right?

Shouldn't be. Only black out in the southern is first Monday after Thanksgiving till Dec 25.
You’re correct. We can’t pick anything week ending in December. Week ending January 1st would be allowed. My bad.

But I still hate all of you.

Scoot

Was told today by the on-car sup that's collecting vacations that the week of Dec 31 2022 can be requested during next year's selection period. Haven't gotten any confirmation from anyone else.

scooby0048

Was told today by the on-car sup that's collecting vacations that the week of Dec 31 2022 can be requested during next year's selection period. Haven't gotten any confirmation from anyone else.
I gave you confirmation eight posts up. What more do you need? If you come back here to this thread December 16th 2022, I will post my vacation check. That should confirm it for you yeah?

bumped

I gave you confirmation eight posts up. What more do you need? If you come back here to this thread December 16th 2022, I will post my vacation check. That should confirm it for you yeah?
Were you able to select that this year or will you select it next year?

scooby0048

Were you able to select that this year or will you select it next year?
The OP is talking about Xmas 2022, that is what I selected this past week for one of my 2022 picks. Since Xmas falls on Sunday, a new start to a payweek, it is available this upcoming year.