Vacation selection

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Every year it’s the same thing......”it’s not fair” .....we’ve all been there
Yep and Life is not Fair I don't care about not having that week off I enjoy paying for my wife and kid to go somewhere while I stay home and enjoy some alone time
When you are able to get that week you usually have about 6 weeks off a year plus your other 2 Find another week unless you have some Grand Kids to enjoy

P

pickup

Our supplement states how and when vacations are to be selected. But EVERY SINGLE year it gets jacked up. Grievances are filed but for some reason they can't get it right. Although....this year they claim they will skip people that hold up the process. Thats a start but we're still not doing other things right. It's supposed to be simple and is clearly spelled out int he contract.

The same contract that allows asshats with more seniority than you but who have no kids or grown kids to bid ahead of you. Right?

Yep and Life is not Fair I don't care about not having that week off I enjoy paying for my wife and kid to go somewhere while I stay home and enjoy some alone time
When you are able to get that week you usually have about 6 weeks off a year plus your other 2 Find another week unless you have some Grand Kids to enjoy
Dear lord.
You will get your turn one day

Put your time in and be quiet.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Go another week. I pulled my kids out of school for a week at a time because I couldn't get summer or spring break. Somehow my kids were all able to graduate from college.

35years

Gravy route
Most of us never get an 8th week, or paid sick days or peer 80.

Life isn't fair? After 35+ years of this grind I will take any week I want and you can wait your turn.

35years

Gravy route
I retired at peer 96, you think I give a crap?
We don't have "peer" anything.
To get my full pension at age 62 I will have 43 years in.
That, I assume, would be peer 105. Meanwhile guys in the west retire with a larger pension at age 52 since they have "peer" pensions.

Just illustrating to the new guy waiting for their favorite week of vacation isn't the only "unfair " rule.

old levi's

blank space
That, I assume, would be peer 105. Meanwhile guys in the west retire with a larger pension at age 52.

Just illustrating to the new guy waiting for their favorite week of vacation isn't the only "unfair " rule.

They are in the west, you're not!

rod

Retired 22 years
Totally get that just saying once in a while you should do the right thing and help someone out

Remember that when you have been there 20 or 25 years. Give a prime summer week up for a rookie and then explain to your kids or the grandkids why you can't take them camping because some rookie wanted off. Its called paying your dues ----everyone has to do it----you will appreciate having seniority someday.

rod

Retired 22 years
That, I assume, would be peer 105. Meanwhile guys in the west retire with a larger pension at age 52 since they have "peer" pensions.

Damn---43 years to get a full pension? I hope you didn't vote yes on this last contract.

9.5er

Remember that when you have been there 20 or 25 years. Give a prime summer week up for a rookie and then explain to your kids or the grandkids why you can't take them camping because some rookie wanted off. Its called paying your dues ----everyone has to do it----you will appreciate having seniority someday.
21 years in, still can’t get a summer week off. I’m not mad about it I know one day I’ll get there.

rod

Retired 22 years
It seemed like at my center the older the crowd got the more senior people would pick at least half (if not more) of their weeks in Jan. and Feb. so they could escape Minnesota's brutal winters for a few weeks. The young guys ended up complaining they couldn't get off in mid-winter. You can't win.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Will do and I totally understand how the process is
I am really not complaining about it we just have a couple of guys at our center that believe in "Paying it Backward"

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
UOTE="IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, post: 3799055, member: 45051"]Dear lord.
You will get your turn one day

Put your time in and be quiet.[/QUOTE]
Message received
I don't think I understand the be quiet part
I am not bitching about how it works in this company a in fact I am glad it is like the military in its ways

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Does anyone know how to interpret Section 2 in the Central States Supplement? I was part time for 14 years and then went full time in 2016. Do I pick my vacation based upon my company seniority or when I went full time within the classification. My BA states I pick when I became a driver. Just looking for verification regarding this.

Section 2

If any part-time employee subsequently becomes a regular full-time employee, he/she shall be considered a newly hired full-time employee, but shall retain his/her seniority for vacation weeks only.

It could have been cleared up a little by saying...

but shall retain his/her seniority for the number of vacation weeks only.

but that is what it means.

You get a new seniority date when you go full-time. You bid jobs and select vacations based on your seniority date, which is your full-time seniority date.

Your part-time date is only used for the number of weeks that you can select, and, in some instances, may come into play during lay-offs.

Overpaid Union Thug

Telling people to wait their turn, and seniority rules, although contractually is 100% correct, is a cop out. Only a :censored2: would knowingly pick a "prime week" just because they can instead of because actually wanting/needing those weeks. Especially if they end up working. So yeah.....seniority rules. But many that have it are selfish dickheads.