Vacation selection

Overpaid Union Thug

Go another week. I pulled my kids out of school for a week at a time because I couldn't get summer or spring break. Somehow my kids were all able to graduate from college.
I did that one year. We went to Pensacola Beach. It was sweet. Awesome weather. Hardly any other guests at our hotel/resort. No crowds on the beach.

But then we got a nasty truancy letter from the school system less than a week later. And they've gotten more strict since then. I don't think I'll be pulling that trick again.

UOTE="IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, post: 3799055, member: 45051"]Dear lord.
You will get your turn one day

Put your time in and be quiet.
Message received
I don't think I understand the be quiet part
I am not bitching about how it works in this company a in fact I am glad it is like the military in its ways[/QUOTE]
People pick what they want to pick. I'm not worried what week some other guys want to take vacation, I worry about what week I want.
I xocou be a pecker head and take all the prime summer weeks off .

bumped

Due to the fact that a bunch of ass hats with grown kids (or none) have already blocked that week out?

What you have going on is probably much more important than what someone else has going on.
Telling people to wait their turn, and seniority rules, although contractually is 100% correct, is a cop out. Only a :censored2: would knowingly pick a "prime week" just because they can instead of because actually wanting/needing those weeks. Especially if they end up working. So yeah.....seniority rules. But many that have it are selfish dickheads.

I agree that it would be a total dick move to take a week of vacation during a prime week and then work through it. Other than that too friend'ing bad .

GenericUsername

We already picked ours. They added more spots per week, so I was able to get all three weeks in the summer. Resigned to the fact that I won’t get spring break until my kids grow up and have kids.

I took the extra 7 option days instead of an option week. I'll just call out all week of Spring Break. They can deal without me there.

Overpaid Union Thug

What you have going on is probably much more important than what someone else has going on.

I agree that it would be a total dick move to take a week of vacation during a prime week and then work through it. Other than that too friend'ing bad .
Not just prime weeks. Any weeks. There are a bunch of hunters in my center. And people got other things going on throughout the year.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I took the extra 7 option days instead of an option week. I'll just call out all week of Spring Break. They can deal without me there.
I take the optional seven days as well, and use two days for Thursday and Friday of Spring Break. It would be nice to have the whole week, but I’m not crying about it.

GenericUsername

I'm currently T-S so if they are still having me run Saturday, I'll probably just take off T/W/friend that week and let the other half take Thursday as she already leaves work early that day. Minimize the days used and still get the whole week pretty much. It's a win.