Vacation time

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ok.
I'm not threatening retirees, I'm just giving my opinion on the reality of this concession.

If 22.4 passes because of the pension increase the Union is bragging about..... I won't hesitate to screw retirees over in the future the same way they are screwing new guys over with this second class driver crap.

I think you guys bed to realize millennials have come to accept social security and pensions will be insolvent. It's inevitable
:rolleyes:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not really. I think your threats are pretty silly tbh, mainly because pensions and retirement are a main concern of most people at UPS so good luck finding folks to join you in your quest to cut pensions because you didn't get your way.
Get my way?
I'm full time feeder already, opposing 22.4 isn't about me, it's about what's right.

You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. Millennials don't expect pensions to be around, and we're not counting on social security either. We won't feel sorry for you guys failing to save.

When it comes to raises or pension, the pension will lose in the future. I hope you're preparing for that reality brother.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Get my way?
I'm full time feeder already, opposing 22.4 isn't about me, it's about what's right.
You guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. Millennials don't expect pensions to be around, and we're not counting on social security either. We won't feel sorry for you guys failing to save.
When it comes to raises or pension, the pension will lose in the future. I hope you're preparing for that reality brother.
You're trying to make this into some "Millennials vs the old drivers" like you know how everyone is going to vote. You don't speak for all millennials, just like I don't speak for all 25 year guys. If this contract passes it will be because a lot of millennials voted for it. You may not care about the pension but I can guarantee you that's not the predominant view among your fellow millennials.
If this contract passes you should try running for office on a "Let's cut the pension and screw the retirees like they screwed us!" slate, see how much backing you get. You won't get much, if any.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If this contract passes you should try running for office on a "Let's cut the pension and screw the retirees like they screwed us!" slate, see how much backing you get. You won't get much, if any.
You seem super butthurt about the reality I'm posting. I've got no dog in this man. I accepted the pension is garbage, I'm taking care of myself.

Keep screwing over the young guys with this 22.4 type garbage. Maybe it'll all work out ok for you sellouts, who knows. Roll the dice if you want.

I'm just telling you how I see it. If this passes, it will be because of the pension. And I say screw anyone who voted for that.

No hard feelings bro. Hope it all works out for you.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You seem super butthurt about the reality I'm posting. I've got no dog in this man. I accepted the pension is garbage, I'm taking care of myself.

Keep screwing over the young guys with this 22.4 type garbage. Maybe it'll all work out ok for you sellouts, who knows. Roll the dice if you want.

I'm just telling you how I see it. If this passes, it will be because of the pension. And I say screw anyone who voted for that.

Our locals pension is 95 percent funded right now. I’m halfway there, and honestly, the pension and health benefits are the only reason I come to work. You’d have to individually save almost three million dollars to get the 30 year payout. That’s a lot of coin and hard to do!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

No one's "butt hurt" about this except you. You're the one trying to threaten other peoples retirement if you don't get what you want, which is a silly threat because you're never going to be in a position to do anything like that. You can't "vote to reduce retirees pensions" you can only vote to reduce your own future pension and like I said good luck getting any support for that. You guys accuse Tony Q of trying scare people into voting his way and here you are doing the same thing.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
These were the same sentiments that were around when I first started too. I'm now retired, and both are still around.

The only way you can screw retirees is if that is part of the proposal. It's not likely the union would propose it and it's not likely that those about to retire would accept it.

You can't just decide that you don't like what happened, therefore I'll screw retirees. It just isn't that simple.

If this contract passes, it wouldn't be solely because of protecting pensions. A large part of the reason would be that younger guys don't vote, are afraid of a strike, or just don't care.

542thruNthru

I understand everyone wants their pension to be there when they retire. I do as well but I also know almost all of us have been at the bottom before we got to where we are. It's not right to create these jobs and screw these younger guys just so we can feel warm and cozy about our pension.

22.4 are not a necessity. Hire normal full time drivers and your pension will still be secure. It's wrong and anyone that pretends it's not just doesn't care what the guy behind him will have to suffer through down the line.

But like I've been saying. It's your vote and you can use it however you want.

I understand everyone wants their pension to be there when they retire. I do as well but I also know almost all of us have been at the bottom before we got to where we are. It's not right to create these jobs and screw these younger guys just so we can feel warm and cozy about our pension.

22.4 are not a necessity. Hire normal full time drivers and your pension will still be secure. It's wrong and anyone that pretends it's not just doesn't care what the guy behind him will have to suffer through down the line.

What exactly are we "getting " for these lower paid jobs? Absolutely nothing....

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

I got no problem with folks voting no because of the 22.4 issue, and if the contract gets voted down I'll accept that too. I'm leaning towards a yes vote but I honestly haven't made up my mind yet, I need to see all the details of my supplement first and hear what what our local has to say about it. Threatening fellow Teamsters if they don't vote the way you want is wrong and shouldn't be part of the conversation.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
What exactly are we "getting " for these lowe paid jobs? Absolutely nothing....
It is nothing. Everyone knows UPS needs more drivers on the road. Everyone knows OT is out of control. Why the union would allow this is inconceivable. Put more RPCD routes out there. Still gives opportunities to part timers to advance, cuts OT. If anyone thinks it's a good idea to have someone doing the same work as you, for $6 less per hour, they are out of their minds. This will be nothing but trouble down the road.

It is nothing. Everyone knows UPS needs more drivers on the road. Everyone knows OT is out of control. Why the union would allow this is inconceivable. Put more RPCD routes out there. Still gives opportunities to part timers to advance, cuts OT. If anyone thinks it's a good idea to have someone doing the same work as you, for $6 less per hour, they are out of their minds. This will be nothing but trouble down the road.
No argument from me.

brown_trousers

The general attitude was positive. A meeting for all members will be held after the 2 man. Our local's stance is just vote.

Good for you guys! Although i have been planning to vote no, i appreciate the maturity of just explaining out all the changes and letting everyone make up their own minds on the issues.

542thruNthru

To be honest I think 22.4 should have been a supplemental thing just like covers, utilities and casuals. Putting it in the master was a big mistake in my eyes. It's too different everywhere and it's a disaster waiting to happen in some areas.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
To be honest I think 22.4 should have been a supplemental thing just like covers, utilities and casuals. Putting it in the master was a big mistake in my eyes. It's too different everywhere and it's a disaster waiting to happen in some areas.
We don’t even bid routes in my local. Just a start time. I can’t even get enough people that think this is a big deal to make anything of it. Lmao.