Vacation time

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We don’t even bid routes in my local. Just a start time. I can’t even get enough people that think this is a big deal to make anything of it. Lmao.
That should be the number one issue for you guys, it's the craziest damn thing I've ever heard of. Do people just not care about it?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That should be the number one issue for you guys, it's the craziest damn thing I've ever heard of. Do people just not care about it?
So eventually, you just get put on a route and it’s yours. Forever. I think it’s a problem, but most of the forever guys don’t want to lose their route, and newbies know they won’t get one anyway. One of the old timers told me we gave up bidding years and years ago for something else, but he couldn’t remember what. Lol.

MyTripisCut

That sucks. Sounds like a perfect way for management to screw you if they don't like you.
And that’s what happens. We have a ten year driver that knows over forty trips, they told him he’ll never have his own route, he’s too valuable.

DOK

Uh:
The general attitude was positive.Something as important as your lively hood should be paramount.....

The funding of the pension in the supplement with nothing coming out of the wage increase is big.
So accept the huge 22.4 concession because of a pension increase....

Honestly, I'm not gonna have a second thought about screwing retirees over once you guys are gone if this passes.......
Just sayin'.

I’m an old timer, 30 + years, voting no because of the 22.4 concession. Your start time will change, your hours will be reduced below 40, nothing I like about it.

DOK

Uh:
The general attitude was positive.Something as important as your lively hood should be paramount.....

The funding of the pension in the supplement with nothing coming out of the wage increase is big.
So accept the huge 22.4 concession because of a pension increase....

Honestly, I'm not gonna have a second thought about screwing retirees over once you guys are gone if this passes.......
Just sayin'.
Hate to be such a downer, but I honestly think I'm screwed either way when it comes to the pension money. Down the drain as far as I'm concerned. I'll take my retirement in my own hands, time is on my side.

The guys voting in this 22.4 crap... No sympathy for them when pension cuts come.
You act like it's just "old timers who only care about their pension" who will vote for this contract, but that's not so. Despite what you may read on this MB from a vocal minority (who were always going to vote no because they're still pissed about the last contract) there are an awful lot of lower seniority drivers who are tired of excessive OT and don't want to be forced into working weekends and for them the 22.4 solution is not the big deal breaker that you're making it out to be. Vote however you please, but threatening to punish retirees if you don't get your way is pretty wrongheaded imo.

And the lower seniority guys will be laid off Mondays and possibly Tuesday’s, live on that.

MyTripisCut

Then that needs to be put into your supplement. No excuse for being a veteran driver and not having your own route, unless you want to be a floater.
We have guys floating for over ten years, not by choice. And some guys get trained on a route and never come off it for their whole career.

HereWeGoAgain

No one's "butt hurt" about this except you. You're the one trying to threaten other peoples retirement if you don't get what you want, which is a silly threat because you're never going to be in a position to do anything like that. You can't "vote to reduce retirees pensions" you can only vote to reduce your own future pension and like I said good luck getting any support for that. You guys accuse Tony Q of trying scare people into voting his way and here you are doing the same thing.
Company is dividing us already just listen to you guys, 22.4 will make matters worse next contract. Do some research on how 2nd tier employees worked out for UAW. Thats what exactly will be happening to the younger guys coming through, :censored2: you if you only care about YOUR pension.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And that’s what happens. We have a ten year driver that knows over forty trips, they told him he’ll never have his own route, he’s too valuable.
We bid routes every year and I remember when I first heard about locals where you bid a route and then you're basically stuck on it for life I thought "Man, that's messed up". Then I found about you guys...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Company is dividing us already just listen to you guys, 22.4 will make matters worse next contract. Do some research on how 2nd tier employees worked out for UAW. Thats what exactly will be happening to the younger guys coming through, :censored2: you if you only care about YOUR pension.
Company is not dividing any one who doesn't want to be divided. I'll accept the outcome of the vote and continue to support the union and my fellow teamsters regardless of whether or not the contract passes, can you say the same? If your answer is no then you're the problem.

HereWeGoAgain

Company is not dividing any one who doesn't want to be divided. I'll accept the vote and continue to support the union and my fellow teamsters regardless of whether or not the contract passes, can you say the same? If your answer is no then you're the problem.
Yes, they are do the research on what happend at UAW. I'll fall in line IF the vote passes. But I unlike you can care what happens to my fellow coworkers.