Vacation weeks

ptmays

I've been working for UPS for nearly three years. Last year I received two weeks of vacation; however, this year I'm only receiving one. Is there any policy regarding vacation reductions?

Bad Gas!

At 5 years you are back to zero weeks for two years, then you go to 4 weeks your 8th year.You can verify this in the contract..Why don't you take a look?

I've been working for UPS for nearly three years. Last year I received two weeks of vacation; however, this year I'm only receiving one. Is there any policy regarding vacation reductions?

Unless you were gone for a long period and did not accrue enough hours to earn the next years vacations the you should receive two weeks as you did last year.

Braveheart

You have to report for work and get paid for 156 reports to earn the full vacation for next year. I see part timers get screwed like this all the time. Do not talk about it. File a grievance and ask for penalties. I got a guy his vacation pay and 3 pay penalties. Good Luck.

gandydancer

Per Chev's 09-24-2008 post: "1 Week every 5 years.
Years / weeks vacation
01 = 1
05 = 2
10 = 3
15 = 4
20 = 5
25 = 6"

Plus an option week, which is why you are getting two. Look on your paychecks (at UPSers.com, if you haven't retained them) and look at the changes in VAC and OPW over the course of the year. If that doesn't clear it up for you and your supes tell us what that shows and we can delve into it further. As always, what riders and supplements are you under?

sano

Per Chev's 09-24-2008 post: "1 Week every 5 years.
Years / weeks vacation
01 = 1
05 = 2
10 = 3
15 = 4
20 = 5
25 = 6"

Plus an option week, which is why you are getting two. Look on your paychecks (at UPSers.com, if you haven't retained them) and look at the changes in VAC and OPW over the course of the year. If that doesn't clear it up for you and your supes tell us what that shows and we can delve into it further. As always, what riders and supplements are you under?

How does this work? Are the years calculated from when you start as a part time employee, or do they reset and start over when you go driving?

gandydancer

How does this work? Are the years calculated from when you start as a part time employee, or do they reset and start over when you go driving?

No reset. Company (re)hire date. (Rehire if you were initially a peak hire, back when that made a difference... which it may still, under some Supplements, but not here in NorCal.)