Vacation

BigBrownboxx

Is there any reason as to why I could be told no to take a vacation day other then that there are too many people off with more seniority that day? Or do I have the right to take any day off as a vacation day

Johney

Is there any reason as to why I could be told no to take a vacation day other then that there are too many people off with more seniority that day? Or do I have the right to take any day off as a vacation day
Well if you requested a certain day and people with more seniority also requested that day you can be denied, but if you’re just calling out they can pound sand.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well if you requested a certain day and people with more seniority also requested that day you can be denied, but if you’re just calling out they can pound sand.
Which is why you always call in for days you really need. It would be nice to give them some advance warning but that's not how the game is played.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Need a little more information.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
be cautious on being denied a day off and then calling out after the fact. Seen suspensions for such occasions.

oldngray

nowhere special
They’ve treated it as an integrity issue and claim the driver or whoever did it out of spite. I’ve seen them also try to add sabotage to it lol. They’re insane
I saw similar things happen. They may have used other excuses but it was a big warning to not try to take the day off after you asked in advance and were denied. Wait and call in that day. No points for trying to be a nice guy about it.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I saw similar things happen. They may have used other excuses but it was a big warning to not try to take the day off after you asked in advance and were denied. Wait and call in that day. No points for trying to be a nice guy about it.
They’ve treated it as an integrity issue and claim the driver or whoever did it out of spite. I’ve seen them also try to add sabotage to it lol. They’re insane
Diarrhea

Just depends on your supervisor.

I seen them push that in the past but not recently.

I remember when I was a rookie I called off because I wanted to go fishing.

While I was fishing somebody walked up behind me and asked me if I had an extra beer
I turned around it was my center manager LMAO.

I gave him a beer and he said I sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

Johney

While I was fishing somebody walked up behind me and asked me if I had an extra beer

Well that's creepy and WDFD.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly

Hope you gave him an o’douls

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Gayyyyyyyyyyyyy

542thruNthru

Sad that you even had to say this , but people are this stupid !
I know exactly what you mean brother!! It's common damn sense!
ZomboMeme 11032023002403.jpg

Nah
Denying a day when other people aren't off and requesting it far enough in advance seems like a bigger integrity issue to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Denying a day when other people aren't off and requesting it far enough in advance seems like a bigger integrity issue to me.
Here if you request a day they have 24 hours to deny it. Otherwise you get the day and a higher seniority can't later come along and bump you. Seniority only matters when the requests are first made.