vacations schedule needed already

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Our center it is, not sure why. I'm off with Jan 2 as an option day. So I'm one of those that took it. Speaking of vacations one driver takes all of them in the middle of the summer. All five weeks in a row.
Always laugh at them idiots that take all their vacation at once during the summer. Its cool yeah but rest of the year that idiot is burned out and pheenin for time off, I don't get it really. Rule of thumb really is after 8 to 12 weeks your bodies screaming for some rest and time off. Guess some guys don't use commonsense and strategy when their bidding out their vacations lol.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Really good money but no way is it worth the Charlie Foxtrot it gets turned into.
Its probably gonna be to much to handle with consolidated pick ups you never go to. The mall drivers will be screwed and I'm afraid to say it or jinx it there will be some fender benders wait and see, but I hope not for Everyone's sake

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I always work it just for the fat cheddar that day lol. Probably will be a clusterbuck, but whatever dude, im at the point where this place don't rattle me anymore, I just don't give a phucqkk anymore. Get paid by the hour so milk on soldiers lol.

upsbeernut

Always laugh at them idiots that take all their vacation at once during the summer. Its cool yeah but rest of the year that idiot is burned out and pheenin for time off, I don't get it really. Rule of thumb really is after 8 to 12 weeks your bodies screaming for some rest and time off. Guess some guys don't use commonsense and strategy when their bidding out their vacations lol.
Your right this job is hard, that's why we have so many vacations and common sense says spread them out man are you crazy to take them all at once. My body would be too relaxed and you think Monday was bad coming off one week. God I would have to drink a whole pot of coffee if I was off for 6 weeks. I'd probably spend all the money on useless stuff.

Last edited:

upsbeernut

I take a week off every month for 7 months during the spring, summer and fall. Then work 6 days a week during the rest of the year.
Unfortunately I had to cash mine in this year due to financial problems. 2015 I'm only cashing two in . That week ending January 10th with January 2 as an option 3 day can't come any sooner, Im burned out , I have to take it. I already have doctor and dentist visits lined up, but we are going to Asheville in there somewhere.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your right this job is hard, that's why we have so many vacations and common sense says spread them out man are you crazy to take them all at once. My body would be too relaxed and you think Monday was bad coming off one week. God I would have to drink a whole pot of coffee if I was off for 6 weeks. I'd probably spend all the money to on useless stuff.
Exactly dude. The older you get on this job, you know your body and know when your getting burned out and need to shut it down mentally and physically to recharge. I get like that, like I said 8 to 12 weeks and thinking to myself ok work 2 or 3 months straight then shutdown time lol. Me personally id rather work during the summer. I like hot weather. Your body always feels so much better in hot weather than cold weather as you get older, that's just facts really. I just totally hate cold and snow dude, I aint going to lie to ya about it lol.

upsbeernut

Exactly dude. The older you get on this job, you know your body and know when your getting burned out and need to shut it down mentally and physically to recharge. I get like that, like I said 8 to 12 weeks and thinking to myself ok work 2 or 3 months straight then shutdown time lol. Me personally id rather work during the summer. I like hot weather. Your body always feels so much better in hot weather than cold weather as you get older, that's just facts really. I just totally hate cold and snow dude, I aint going to lie to ya about it lol.
I don't know where you live but can't imagine doing this in snow. But I agree dude hotter the better, hell I go swimming for half an hour , its not all bad. I get a lunch don't I?

upsman68

Id rather work summer than winter, freak that nonsense lol. Always take 1 in beginning of February, cause you know February its almost always guaranteed to snow at some point. Then I take off week of NCAA tournament in March. Love having off that week. I love hot weather but absolutely despise cold weather. Beach bum to the core lol.

Where do you work? I'm in Houston Texas. Summers are miserable. It's not the heat it's the humidity.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I don't know where you live but can't imagine doing this in snow. But I agree dude hotter the better, hell I go swimming for half an hour , its not all bad. I get a lunch don't I?
On the eastern shore. Granted we don't get a lot of snow but yeah this job blowz in the snow for sure and winter blowz on this job too lol. It gets humid that's for sure but ill take 95 over 25 any day of the week. Some people are bothered by the heat but doesn't phase me in the least dude. Always ways to cool down and if your heavy, no big deal cause you have plenty of sunlight to work with if your going to be out late. Delivering in the dark, snow, sleet, cold rain and heavy that day with sun going down super early, absolutely sucks dude lol.

upsbeernut

On the eastern shore. Granted we don't get a lot of snow but yeah this job blowz in the snow for sure and winter blowz on this job too lol. It gets humid that's for sure but ill take 95 over 25 any day of the week. Some people are bothered by the heat but doesn't phase me in the least dude. Always ways to cool down and if your heavy, no big deal cause you have plenty of sunlight to work with if your going to be out late. Delivering in the dark, snow, sleet, cold rain and heavy that day with sun going down super early, absolutely sucks dude lol.
God, that last sentence sounded like the one thing in the world you don't want. I have always called cold, raining and or snowing is the ups mans biggest nightmare. Are you in Virginia ?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
God, that last sentence sounded like the one thing in the world you don't want. I have always called cold, raining and or snowing is the ups mans biggest nightmare. Are you in Virginia ?
Nah up north of that near Delaware-Maryland. Jobs hard enough, then you throw that stuff into the equation lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The job just gets so old after a while. Its ok when its warm out and sun goes down late but when you throw that stuff in the mix it really blows. Its like 7 months of the year here the job aint that bad, its just the other 5 months that totally blow lol.