Workers Comp - 2024 Vacations Bank Is Negative?

John R

Western Region RPCD: Been off on workers comp since February of this year. Just glanced at my time off viewer on UPSERS and noticed my vacation hours are -120? Next renewal date is Jan 2024. Does this mean I lost my vacations for next year, because when it refreshes and adds 120 hours, itll be at 0? I was paid out for my scheduled vacations throughout this year even when I was off.

542thruNthru

Western Region RPCD: Been off on workers comp since February of this year. Just glanced at my time off viewer on UPSERS and noticed my vacation hours are -120? Next renewal date is Jan 2024. Does this mean I lost my vacations for next year, because when it refreshes and adds 120 hours, itll be at 0? I was paid out for my scheduled vacations throughout this year even when I was off.
Where in the western region? Western region supplemental doesn't cover vacations.

John R

I'm assuming you're a driver. When is your anniversary date? You were paid your vacations while on workman's comp?
Yep driving full time for 4 years. Anniversary date is June, but my vacations replenish mid Jan each year. The vacations I scheduled for the 2023 calendar year on my vacation selection sheet I was paid for. For example I had scheduled weeks off in march, june, september, and was paid out for each week as they came up. Going into 2024, I only worked a handful of days last year due to workers comp injury. Is it possibly just an error on time off viewer or am I not entitled to my vacation weeks because I was off on workers comp.

542thruNthru

Yep driving full time for 4 years. Anniversary date is June, but my vacations replenish mid Jan each year. The vacations I scheduled for the 2023 calendar year on my vacation selection sheet I was paid for. For example I had scheduled weeks off in march, june, september, and was paid out for each week as they came up. Going into 2024, I only worked a handful of days last year due to workers comp injury. Is it possibly just an error on time off viewer or am I not entitled to my vacation weeks because I was off on workers comp.
Vacation in the Southwest is calculated off of gross pay between anniversary date and anniversary date divided by 1/52. So let's say if Jan 15th is your anniversary date and you went out Feb 1st you'd only have a couple weeks of pay and that would be divided by 52 weeks.

First don't trust time off viewer. When your anniversary comes and you come back from work comp your vacation hours will populate but it won't come back till you return from work comp. If it doesn't speak with your manager and send an inquiry and if need be file a grievance. Just again don't expect a big vacation check.

Also just a heads up but if you go past a year on comp you lose your benefits.

John R

Vacation in the Southwest is calculated off of gross pay between anniversary date and anniversary date divided by 1/52. So let's say if Jan 15th is your anniversary date and you went out Feb 1st you'd only have a couple weeks of pay and that would be divided by 52 weeks.

First don't trust time off viewer. When your anniversary comes and you come back from work comp your vacation hours will populate but it won't come back till you return from work comp. If it doesn't speak with your manager and send an inquiry and if need be file a grievance. Just again don't expect a big vacation check.

Also just a heads up but if you go past a year on comp you lose your benefits.

I'm aware of the pay situation, was just concered about getting the actual time off. Would not be thrilled to find out I can't get any weeks off next year due to a WC injury. I appreciate your help!

Johney

It may be different were you are than here, but if you don't work the required reports for this year you don't get your full weeks next year. They will prorate it for what reports you did make. You also must let LM mutual know what you were paid for vacation because here(Florida) they won't pay you comp pay while you receive vacation pay.

Johney

I'm aware of the pay situation, was just concered about getting the actual time off. Would not be thrilled to find out I can't get any weeks off next year due to a WC injury. I appreciate your help!
You still get what weeks you earned by seniority, you just may not get paid for some. At least here that's how it works.