Vaccine mandate

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Check out these threads.

wilberforce15

The company and the Union agree to a safe and healthy work environment. Either get the shot or quit. Just stop whining about a little jab.
So, like I said, the union will force the shot harder than the company.

That's because the union is first a left-wing political activist organization, and secondarily a mechanism to represent the members.

We are in agreement.

wilberforce15

The Union has an obligation to its members. Not to the shareholders.
Its perception of its obligation is first informed by its nature as a left-wing political activist organization. That's its core self-conception. That's why it exists. Everything will but brought under that banner, under any conditions.

That's why the teamsters favor all kinds of things that hurt unions and union wages. First, they are leftists. Secondly, they are union people.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So strike UPS for a federal mandate?

For enforcing an illegal mandate that uses an administrative agency to circumvent the constitutional legislative process? For breaking the law while trampling on the rights of its employee? For allowing the government to turn it into an unconstitutional enforcement arm of the government to enforce things the government can't enforce? For threatening the livelihood of union workers in the process of all of the above?

Yes.

We should strike UPS for that, and stand in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters across the country in standing up for our jobs and our bodily autonomy.

wilberforce15

So the working men and woman are of no consequence? Only the jobs.
The working men and women have been given everything they need to stay alive and healthy. A universally vaccinated workplace does not help them.

They've had 20 months to get a jab and stop being fat. If they want to make themselves vulnerable, we can't stop them.

wilberforce15

I'm guessing you're an overweight 60 year old or so, who hasn't done anything for his health since covid started?

But you want to fire me so you feel less vulnerable?

542thruNthru

For enforcing an illegal mandate that uses an administrative agency to circumvent the constitutional legislative process? For breaking the law while trampling on the rights of its employee? For allowing the government to turn it into an unconstitutional enforcement arm of the government to enforce things the government can't enforce? For threatening the livelihood of union workers in the process of all of the above?

Yes.

We should strike UPS for that, and stand in solidarity with our union brothers and sisters across the country in standing up for our jobs and our bodily autonomy.
So do we do a strike vote or just put everyone that's a teamster out on strike?