Valentine's Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
53485c7c518893310003b44741dc1a33.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't you just love the romance ??

"During her weekly briefing, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) reminded everyone Valentine’s Day was coming up and to “take your loved one and sign up for the Affordable Care Act”

rod

Retired 22 years
Other than sending the Grandkids each a cheap card with a couple of bucks in it (they're still too young to grasp the whole money thing) Valentines Day is just another day here. I'm lucky enough to have a wife that would rather spend money on things that we actually can use (trips, toys, visits to the Grandkids in Texas). We might go out to eat but no stupid $5.00 Hallmark cards or roses or chocolates. If I bought my wife a box of chocolates now I would be in a world of you know what. She's dieting-----again. Actually shes really doing good this time. Its too the point it might be my turn---ish.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just bought some school fund raiser candy bars from one of the neighbor kids who was out peddling his bike around in the cold -door to -door (and this isn't door-to-door in the city---this is country doors). I will buy something off a kid any day, even if I don't need it, if they show that much ambition. When I get approached by some hockey mom selling their kids stuff I politely decline and tell them to send their kid around. Unfortunately my wife is a pushover and she knows I hate that kind of sales approach. I hid the candy bars so the wife doesn't get mad ---------as I posted before shes on a diet kick.