Verbal warning?

BlondeinBrown

I called in sick on Friday. I know I wasn’t the only one. Fun part is I did not have any sick days left. So yesterday my supervisor gave me a verbal warning with the shop steward. (I have definitely called in sick before with no sick days left and no one cared) So then I tell a coworker and he said oh that’s funny I called in sick too with no sick days but I didn’t get a verbal warning or anything. So now I feel like management just likes screwing with me... and I never call in sick so it’s not like I always do it. I’m pretty sure they did it because 1. It was friday 2. Someone told them I went snowboarding lol

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I called in sick on Friday. I know I wasn’t the only one. Fun part is I did not have any sick days left. So yesterday my supervisor gave me a verbal warning with the shop steward. (I have definitely called in sick before with no sick days left and no one cared) So then I tell a coworker and he said oh that’s funny I called in sick too with no sick days but I didn’t get a verbal warning or anything. So now I feel like management just likes screwing with me... and I never call in sick so it’s not like I always do it. I’m pretty sure they did it because 1. It was friday 2. Someone told them I went snowboarding lol
next time take your two days

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re out of sick days but you never call in sick Ohh-k

How does that work?

BlondeinBrown

You’re out of sick days but you never call in sick Ohh-k

How does that work?

When they ask if you want the day off they always use a sick day so that’s why I’m all out.

Sick occurrences and having sick days (in the bank) are two different things. They will “verbalize” you all day because they want you to come to work.

Did they ask you if you wanted to use a sick day or was it understood it would be a VLO (voluntary lay off)?

Don't do this anymore if you're burning sick days for their benefit.
It doesn’t Matter. You are disciplined on occurrences not if you have sick hours.

trickpony1

It doesn’t Matter. You are disciplined on occurrences not if you have sick hours.

If the company approaches an hourly and asks if they want the day off you can bet it's not because the hourly is well liked or does a fantastic job.
It's because there are staffing issues and the boss needs to make his numbers look good and cut staff.

I disagree with 1989.
Our feeder drivers take VLO days when there are too many drivers.
Happens all the time.

542thruNthru

How many occurrences did you have? When you call out is it always a Friday or Monday? Did you ask your Steward why you were being given a documented talk with (verbal warning)?

ski or die

Ski or Die
I was going on vacation to California. Called in sick from the airport in LA from a phone booth (before cell phones). They actually sent Loss Prevention out to our airport to try and find out when I flew out because they knew I had planned a trip to California. Luckily the tickets were under another person's name. When I got back home, had all kind of post-it notes on my door to call them. Nah, my vacation, I don't have to call them. Went back to work and they never said one thing to me. Got paid for my sick day. Score one for the team.

Indecisi0n

Did they ask you if you wanted to use a sick day or was it understood it would be a VLO (voluntary lay off)?

Don't do this anymore if you're burning sick days for their benefit.
I agree .if I took a day off for them I would take a non paid day off .if I couldn't afford to take a non pay day off then I had no reason to take the day!