Veteran Psychiatrist Calls Liberals Mentally Ill

browndevil

Guess I am next. I have been known to resemble a liberal, however I prefer progressive. Anyway I digress, the article is 8 years old:happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Guess I am next. I have been known to resemble a liberal, however I prefer progressive. Anyway I digress, the article is 8 years old:happy2:

Hate when people post stuff that's 8 years old, and even worse, I didn't even read the article, just knew where it was leading. LOL

chev

Nightcrawler
:happy-very: I was going to say the same about the age but it still applies. Lib's are all nuts even 8 years later. :raspberry-tounge::knockedout:

diesel96

Posted: October 13, 2000
1:00 am Eastern
Guess the worldnetdaily is running out of articles.....

BigA....if your going to post a link to push buttons, the least you could do is link to the thread topic.....lol

wkmac

Hey Big,

Something happened to the link you posted and article about the veteran psychiatrist who called libs mentally ill. Here's what's at the link now.

We're fresh out of new Al Gores

[SIZE=-1]Posted: October 13, 2000[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]1:00 am Eastern[/SIZE]

[FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By David Limbaugh[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1]© 2008 WorldNetDaily.com [/SIZE]

I don't pretend to know what kind of guy Al Gore is apart from politics -- assuming any aspect of his personality is not tied to politics -- but concerning politics he has a real dilemma.
Gore's public persona is utterly repugnant, especially in a debate. Meaning no offense, he is arrogant, condescending, pedantic, petulant, childish and rude. Yet when he suppresses his combativeness he loses his verve and is utterly ineffective. It's as if his negative qualities are too tied to his political personality to be separated from them.
I am sure that Gore and his handlers are beside themselves because the campaign strategy templates they developed from the primary against Bill Bradley aren't working against George Bush. A completely different dynamic is operative in a general election than in a Democratic primary.
When Bradley was rapidly gaining on Gore in the polls, Gore abandoned any pretense to decency and civility and went for Bradley's jugular. He made things up, distorted Bradley's positions, accused him of being insensitive to blacks, and then brazenly denied he was lying when Bradley confronted him. In those debates, Gore, playing dirty, eviscerated Bradley.
What price did Gore pay for his shenanigans? None, at the time. He was rewarded with a spectacular bounce in the polls, and Bradley was toast. When political opponents and a non-watchdog press give a candidate a pass for his misbehavior he is likely to continue with it. So we shouldn't be surprised that Gore did just that -- until Wednesday night.
Gore must have been shell-shocked by the reaction to his insolence in the first debate and the media's relentless exposure of his tall tales. But before you pat the media on their backs, remember that Gore so often and so conspicuously stretched the truth that they would have had nothing to report about him had they censored stories about his mendacity.
Gore had two major challenges going into the second debate. First, he had to erase the image of mean-spiritedness that he richly earned in the first debate. Second, he needed to make sure -- at all costs -- that he didn't get caught in any more embellishments or lies.
Unhappily for Gore, he didn't achieve the humanness and affability that he sought. He had tried on so many new "Al Gores" during the course of the campaign, there seemed to be no "Al Gores" left. What remained was a listless, impotent and neutered warrior.
Gore's performance reminded me of a character in a recent drama skit at church. The character was caustic and sarcastic. Every time he uttered a biting remark, a buzzer sounded and the scene started over -- and so on, until the character got it right. The message concerned second chances. Don't we all wish that we could take back some of those hurtful things we do or say -- erase them and get a clean slate?
This was precisely the predicament Gore found himself in after the first debate. He was so sheepish in the second debate that it was almost as if he were terrified that the buzzer would go off at any moment. He obviously spent more mental energy on avoiding the buzzer and attempting to project likeability than he did on debating the issues.
His fear was most acute in the final moments when Jim Lehrer asked him whether he was going to continue to portray Bush as a bungler. Gore said he didn't use language like that. When Lehrer protested that his campaign was running ads to that effect Gore quickly replied, "I haven't seen those," then tried to catch himself, just as the internal buzzer went off in his head.
Of course he knew about those ads. I saw Fox News' Jim Angle grill him on the same thing a few days earlier. As I witnessed that silent buzzer, I realized forevermore that Gore's misstatements are intentional. It's just that last night, they weren't in the game plan. I'm by no means cocky about what will happen from here on out. Gore's no dummy -- and even though he has boxed himself in between nastiness and inauthenticity, the Bush people must not underestimate his ability to regroup. The next debate will be enormously interesting, if for no other reason than to observe just how Gore attempts to walk this tight rope between alienating people and putting them to sleep.

David Limbaugh outside of being Rush Limbaugh's brother is an attorney and author and nowhere in the article above can I find the words psychiatrist of even mentally ill. Somehow the article quoting this doctor got highjacked and the above article about Gore is in it's place. Could you go back and find the article with the doctor saying liberals are mentally ill because I'd like to read it myself. Thanks man.

BTW: I also believe Gore is a complete fraud and con man and that's even before we get to his "kingship" in the world of green. If he's green then I :censored2: Gold and being that I'm going to work today!

:happy-very:

wkmac

Since you did bring up Gore and his quest of using Global Warming to make CO2 a commodity so he can chase filthy lucre, check out this documentary film entitled, The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Thanks to Lew Rockwell website for passing this on!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since you did bring up Gore and his quest of using Global Warming to make CO2 a commodity so he can chase filthy lucre, check out this documentary film entitled, The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Thanks to Lew Rockwell website for passing this on!

And just how large is his "carbon footprint ".

diesel96

Since this thread was originally set out to bash liberals, our self professed chosen ones, the disciples of Limbaugh, has evolved this thread into a Gore bash fest. Yes, Gore (the messenger) has been critized for not practicing what he preaches. Thats an old thread. Lets hope his predictions are wrong, if so, what happens.....tax dollars get funneled toward alternative programs. Better late than never, but our intention is starting to ween our selves of carbon burning fossil fuels anyway. But what if he's right? Talk with with your children and grand children and start off by saying, look, our "so called" fiscally conservative GOP party has selfishly left your generation insurmountable amount of debt, how bout we leave your generation a dirty climate changing carbon footprint as well. Merry Xmas insignificant younger generation, from your friendly nieghborhood RNC, their sponsored Energy scientific community, and the Bush/Chaney Adm from 2000 to 2008.
Let the flaming begin !.....l

wkmac

December 20, 2008

Republican Party Sinks Deeper Into Oblivion

Posted by Christopher Manion at December 20, 2008 11:36 AM

Blaming the party's collapse on "ideology," RNC chairman Robert M. Duncan announces a return to "ideas" that will propel the party to future victories.
Mr. Duncan does not mention the GOP's rampant corruption. Or George Bush's disastrous destruction of the party's credibility (or "brand"). Or the illegal, immoral war. Or the GOP's swarm of "experts" slopping at the government trough. Or the war-profiteers (more self-designated "experts") who even today are paid to make the war last longer. No mention of the neocons, Doug Feith, Scooter Libby, Paul Wolfowitz, Richer Perle ... just vapid inane nonsense.
What about the good stuff? Zip, Zero, Nada. Not one word from Mr. Duncan about the Constitution. Nor about Ron Paul, whom even the clueless GOP should recognize as its only source of sound ideas -- ideas that have been proven correct in practice before our very eyes. And "Thou Shalt not steal" doesn't merit a mention either.
You want ideas, Mr. Duncan? Here's one for starters, from the twentieth century's foremost political philosopher, Eric Voegelin:
"Socrates understood (what modern political reformers and revolutionaries seem unable to understand) that a reform cannot be achieved by a well-intentioned leader who recruits his followers from the very people whose moral confusion is the cause of the disorder."

https://web.archive.org/web/20090422074915/http://lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024510.html

But to be fair I think Demonrats suck bigtime too!

BTW: Those same war-profiteers who destroyed the Republican party under Bush are now among the elite guiding the Obama adminstration so watch now as the shoe fits the other foot!

:rofl:

I guess from here on out it's D-Con and TOS-Con. But then the word hypocrites mostly likely will work just as well!
:wink2:

Watch the hypocrisy folks! Some genuine, honest liberals are smelling the roses and speaking out https://web.archive.org/web/20100905115229/http://www.counterpunch.org/ketcham09022010.html but I guess we'll see the party pukes continue to spew their green slim and defend it as being Prime Rib. But hey, the other side have done it since Reagan so I guess turn about is fair play. Sad part is while this 2 party death roll goes on, America, what's left of it, comes to a tragic end and we end up where we started. Under some type of monarchial empire whose days are a setting sun!

wkmac

Speaking of Obama's Environmental Record.

December 20, 2008

Obama and "Political Science"

Posted by Bill Anderson at December 20, 2008 09:37 AM
One of the real howlers we have heard during the past eight years is that the Bush administration has practiced "politics instead of science." In other words, Bush (in one of the few decent things he did as president) did not do the politically-expedient things and impose an environmental reign of terror upon us in the name of "stopping climate change."
We don't have to worry about the Obama administration "politicizing" science. Oh, no. Obama is going to do whatever Al Gore tells him, and everyone knows that Gore has nothing to do with politics. Obama's latest appointments, along with his establishment of the office of "climate czar" with the radical environmental extremist Carol Browner to lead the law, is going to unleash a regulatory holocaust on us in the name of giving us better weather:
WASHINGTON – President-elect Barack Obama on Saturday named a Harvard physicist and a marine biologist to science posts, signaling a change from Bush administration policies on global warming that were criticized for putting politics over science. Both John Holdren and Jane Lubchenco are leading experts on climate change who have advocated forceful government response. Holdren will become Obama's science adviser as director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy; Lubchenco will lead the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which oversees ocean and atmospheric studies and does much of the government's research on global warming.
We are supposed to believe that the global warming cult, which has suppressed dissent and whose cult prophet, James Hansen, has called for "global warming deniers" to be thrown into prison, is only interested in "good science." The "global warming" movement is about one thing and one thing only: controlling people.
Remember, these are people who insist that carbon dioxide is a "dangerous pollutant" (which Obama promises to declare his first day in office). Since all people exhale carbon dioxide, that means that all human beings are "dangerous polluters," which subsequently means that people themselves must be controlled.
I predict that the Obama administration, with its emphasis upon empowering labor unions and radical environmentalists, will make the Bush administration look to be benign in comparison. I fully believe that this will be the most dictatorial administration in U.S. History -- and many who criticized Bush for his abuse of power will be singing the praises of The Chosen One.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024507.html

And as the many do I'll be singing the word HYPOCRITE all the way!