Veteran's Administration

wkmac

This is just a comment by Brian Goodley. I happened to run across it and I agree with it.

"Nobody should be fooled by Obama's feigned outrage, because vets are overwhelmingly patriotic, republican voters. Also note that while it took Dear leader 3 weeks to address the VA scandals, Clayton Lockett’s body was barley cold before he was spouting off about how “deeply troubling” his botched execution was. Murdering rapists garner more sympathy than our country’s heroes with this regime. I guess when criminals are a significant portion of your voting bloc, you have to pander to them every now and then."

Veterans may not be as strict a political voter as the above quote appears to suggest.

New Generation Of Veterans Skeptical Of Presidential Politics And Political Parties

rod

Retired 22 years
The VA system is just like everything else. Parts of it are terrible and other parts are great. My experiences with my local VA Clinic and with a regional VA Hospital has been nothing but GREAT. My appointments have been on time with no backlog to speak of and the care has been excellent. I have a regular family doctor also (had him for years) that I see once a year at our local clinic. They are terrible about making you wait a half hour to an hour just to get into the little exam room so you can wait some more. The VA Clinic on the other hand rarely has you wait more than 15 minutes total. I believe (and I'm sure I will catch hell for it) but I believe the big backlog at the VA now days is caused by too many wanting to get on the Govt. dime after they get out of the service by claiming everything from hearing loss to post tramatic stress. The elder vets of WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam took care of themselves and only relied on the VA as a last resort. Now days when the troops get out they pretty much hold their hand and march them right to the VA to sign them up for everything they can imagine. In case you are wondering I didn't seek out the VA for care---they contacted me because I fell into the category of being know to serve in Vietnam in areas where heavy concentrations of agent orange was used. I qualify for an annual check-up and am able to get my prescriptions through the VA for a 9 dollar copay. I am healthy (knock on wood) so I don't get a dime in VA disability.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is just a comment by Brian Goodley. I happened to run across it and I agree with it.

"Nobody should be fooled by Obama's feigned outrage, because vets are overwhelmingly patriotic, republican voters. Also note that while it took Dear leader 3 weeks to address the VA scandals, Clayton Lockett’s body was barley cold before he was spouting off about how “deeply troubling” his botched execution was. Murdering rapists garner more sympathy than our country’s heroes with this regime. I guess when criminals are a significant portion of your voting bloc, you have to pander to them every now and then."

oh wow, something you didnt pretend you said??

SHOCKER!

TOS.

av8torntn

The VA Clinic on the other hand rarely has you wait more than 15 minutes total. I believe (and I'm sure I will catch hell for it) but I believe the big backlog at the VA now days is caused by too many wanting to get on the Govt. dime after they get out of the service by claiming everything from hearing loss to post tramatic stress. The elder vets of WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam took care of themselves and only relied on the VA as a last resort. .

I have noticed he opposite. Everytime I've been to the VA hospital the vast majority of the patients have the Vietnam hats or shirts or are in the 50-60 age range. I always notice one or two WWII age guys, never seen a WWI age guy and a handful of younger vets the majority of which seem to have very serious injuries. To your broader point I agree that he VA isn't really about health care but about gaining and maintaining a disability rating and a very inefficient jobs program.

wkmac

Sorry, I may have missed it, only watched it twice, but who exactly did John King name as behind the' whispers'?

Is John King a reliable source these days?

He didn't and that's the best part. These little events cause the whole system to turn and eat on itself. From your POV you never missed it because it was never said and thus again from your POV means nothing at all. A non event which Obama haters will use and this is true from that POV.

However, within the corridors of power, suspicions could grow followed by distrust. People of all sides will close down to protect their own turf, in effect making the system fight against itself.

It's the potential I enjoy!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Have you noticed a bunch of ads on TV for the Veteran's Administration in the last few days ???
(I never noticed commercials for them before)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Have you noticed a bunch of ads on TV for the Veteran's Administration in the last few days ???
(I never noticed commercials for them before)

Maybe if you werent watching fox all day long, you would. I

change the channel.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I usually surf the channels when any station advertises .... which is the reason I would miss the commercials.

You think you have the answer to everything, Carnac?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
va-fault.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, no, no you must not have heard. It's the fault of Bush.

Since you mentioned BUSH, why did BUSH NOT fix the va system before he left office?? Why, rather, did the BUSH administration simply tell the Obama administration "heres a bunch of :censored2: from the VA we didnt get around to fixing".

Bush is not an innocent party and neither is the GOP controlled congress who wanted sequester.

TOS.

av8torntn

Since you mentioned BUSH, why did BUSH NOT fix the va system before he left office?? Why, rather, did the BUSH administration simply tell the Obama administration "heres a bunch of :censored2: from the VA we didnt get around to fixing".

Bush is not an innocent party and neither is the GOP controlled congress who wanted sequester.

TOS.

So you're saying Obama knew there was a problem but didn't care?