Veteran's Administration

av8torntn

Reality challenged? Look up the bill. Cloture was unanimous. The Republicans then filibustered the bill.

When you constantly lie and distort, it doesn't help your credibility.

Show me a bill that cloture was unanimous yet debate continued. This isn't me taking a shot at you but seriously how old are you?

By definition the motion for cloture ends debate. If cloture was unanimous as you claim then all that is left is for the majority leader to schedule the vote. At that point a simple majority is all that is needed.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Show me a bill that cloture was unanimous yet debate continued. This isn't me taking a shot at you but seriously how old are you?

By definition the motion for cloture ends debate. If cloture was unanimous as you claim then all that is left is for the majority leader to schedule the vote. At that point a simple majority is all that is needed.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2014/s44

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=113&session=2&vote=00046

http://desertbeacon.wordpress.com/tag/s-1982/

av8torntn

A motion to proceed.

"On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed in the Senate"

Seemed every member that voted wanted to precede with the debate yet the head clown Reid still refuses to allow debate. What are you dimocrats afraid of?

Why would you even claim this was a cloture vote on on s 1982? There are only two reasons possible. You either have no idea what you are talking about or you are trying to make a point through deceit. Both are common for dimocrats.

roadrunner2012

Troll
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/199480-gop-blocks-veterans-bill

Senate Republicans stopped Democrats from advancing a bill that would have expanded healthcare and education programs for veterans.

In a 56-41 vote Thursday, the motion to waive a budget point of order against the bill failed, as Democrats fell short of the 60 votes needed to overcome the Republican roadblock.

GOP Sens. Dean Heller (Nev.) and Jerry Moran (Kan.) voted with Democrats.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) refused to allow a GOP substitute amendment to get an up-or-down vote because it included Iran sanctions, which he said were unrelated to veterans’ issues.

“I hope all the veterans groups have witnessed all the contortions the Republicans have done to defeat this bill,” Reid said Thursday. “Shame on Republicans for bringing base politics into a bill to help veterans.”

Republicans tried to force consideration of the GOP amendment, but failed to table Reid's pending amendments on a 44-52 vote.

roadrunner2012

Troll
Cloture on S. 1982: Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed in the Senate

Number:
Senate Vote #44 [primary source: senate.gov]
Date:
Feb 25, 2014 (113th Congress)
Result:
Cloture on the Motion to Proceed Agreed to
Track Votes
This was a vote on “cloture”, which means to end debate so that an up-or-down vote can be taken. A vote in favor is a vote to end debate and move to a vote on the issue itself, while a vote against is a vote to prolong debate or to filibuster.

Related Bill:
S. 1982: Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014
Introduced by Sen. Bernard “Bernie” Sanders [I-VT] on February 3, 2014
Totals Democrat Republican Independent
Yea 99

99% 52 45 2
Nay 0

0% 0 0 0
Not Voting 1

1% 1 0 0
Required: 3/5

av8torntn

On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed in the Senate

Yes the first step. The next step is to consider all amendments that were on the floor which have have already admitted head clown Reid refused to do holding up cloture and holding funding for the bill. That's why it says motion to proceed(to the bills consideration). The rules only allow for consideration of a
Business on the floor at the time of cloture. The republicans publicly said they were ready to proceed and all the majority leader needs to do is schedule the votes. Why is head clown Reid holding this up? By your own admission because he doesn't want to consider business that was on the floor. Republicans cannot add new business even if they wanted. You should know this. You would if you stayed away from the leftist propaganda sites.

I still haven't figured out what the dimocrats fear so much here. I understand why you fear debate but that's the job they asked for.

wkmac

It would be easier to discuss things with you rationally, if you weren't so dishonest

The dimocrats tried to end debate it failed.

Seriously?

I know you only read the headline not the article. Blah blah blah

The Republicans, or should I say Rethugicans, Get over yourself.

That's pretty dumb there. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. No surprise.

Reality challenged?
When you constantly lie and distort, it doesn't help your credibility.

This isn't me taking a shot at you but seriously how old are you?

roadrunner2012

Troll
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-usa-veterans-congress-idUSBREA1Q26O20140227

Fair use excerpt:

Even though the legislation cleared a procedural vote on Tuesday by a 99-0 vote, the measure quickly got bogged down in partisan fighting.

Supporters said the measure would have brought the most significant changes in decades to U.S. veterans' programs. For example, it called for 27 new medical facilities to help a healthcare system that is strained by veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

With Democrats pressing for passage this week, Senate Republicans, backed by their leader, Mitch McConnell, attempted to attach controversial legislation calling for possible new sanctions on Iran that President Barack Obama opposes.

"The issue of Iran sanctions ... has nothing to do with the needs of veterans," complained Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee Chairman Bernard Sanders of Vermont, the main sponsor of the bill.

Republicans also raised budget concerns, forcing another key procedural vote that ended up killing the bill. By a vote of 56-41, the Senate failed to waive budget rules that would have allowed the bill to proceed. Sixty votes were needed and 41 of the chamber's 45 Republicans voted against the waiver.

av8torntn

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/27/us-usa-veterans-congress-idUSBREA1Q26O20140227

Republicans also raised budget concerns, forcing another key procedural vote that ended up killing the bill. By a vote of 56-41, the Senate failed to waive budget rules that would have allowed the bill to proceed. Sixty votes were needed and 41 of the chamber's 45 Republicans voted against the waiver.

Why are dimocrats always demanding special treatment? No waiver would have been needed if they would have followed the rules they put in place. For that matter they wouldn't have had to get cloture on the motion to proceed if they would have just given unanimous consent. They voted unanimously to open debate and now they fear the debate. No surprise from the dimocrats just another game to them. Meanwhile veterans die.

Only a dimocrat would claim a vote to open debate was a vote to stop debate. I guess we know where you stand.

moreluck

golden ticket member
148531_600.jpg