Voice/ jackpot unload

Ptrunner

Hey just quick question this is central region but I can’t find anything contract wise and Ive asked around about past practice.

I have an hourly employee that doesn’t want to go up to the voice/jackpots on our unload wall. She believes she’s been here 15 years doesn’t have to go up send a lower seniority person. As far as I know the jackpots is not a seniority based position and she really has no say. If it was small sort/incomps then yeah I understand that those are bid jobs in our building. The supervisors are just trying to get a rotation going with everyone going up one day a week and she’s one of three people who have over 10 years in this unload where everyone else is 3 years and less. Kinda a I have been here so long I do what I want attitude. Just want to make sure.

542thruNthru

Hey just quick question this is central region but I can’t find anything contract wise and Ive asked around about past practice.

I have an hourly employee that doesn’t want to go up to the voice/jackpots on our unload wall. She believes she’s been here 15 years doesn’t have to go up send a lower seniority person. As far as I know the jackpots is not a seniority based position and she really has no say. If it was small sort/incomps then yeah I understand that those are bid jobs in our building. The supervisors are just trying to get a rotation going with everyone going up one day a week and she’s one of three people who have over 10 years in this unload where everyone else is 3 years and less. Kinda a I have been here so long I do what I want attitude. Just want to make sure.

I'm guessing you're her sup? Then she is absolutely right and there is nothing you can do. It's in the UPS IBT constitution Article 96 sec 3 (a)

Sorry

dogs.bite.me

Sometimes languages isn’t needed. If it’s been established that lower seniority employees go there, then that is known as past practice.

The dark side

What in the hell is jackpots/voice?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why ask if you can do something when you ought to ask if you should do it? If you had been working at a job for fifteen years, and put your time in doing the undesirable jobs, wouldn't you want to enjoy the privileges that come with time in service? Newbs do the crap jobs, that's how it should be.

Ptrunner

What in the hell is jackpots/voice?

I’m not sure what it’s called in your buildings unload but in our building we have two unload walls and they are opposite each other and each wall up from the dock has 5 catch all belts rollers to get all the missed packages the diverters miss or if the load areas are backed up they end up going to this catch all area at the end of the belt.. does that make sense.. so the person at the other side will place all these packages that build up and place them on another belt going the other way so they can get diverted to where they have to go.

Ptrunner

Work as instructed then grieve it if she thinks she’s being wronged

Yeah this is what I’m gonna say if she’s really that mad then she needs to do this .. write on paper first and then let’s have a meeting. Don’t just say it. Some people say it and supervisors call their bluff and keep going it takes action for them to stop.