Voluntary Demotion

drbrownsox

Has anyone been involved with voluntarily taking a step down? Just curious to see if there is a corporate policy or something each district handles differently.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I've seen people demoted for cause, but I have never heard of someone being asked to please take a demotion. What is the motivation? I've seen people get promoted who weren't ready and struggled. Often, these individuals were moved around to get more experience, but it was rare to see them get demoted.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I’ve heard of center managers demoting them self’s to tech jobs.

In retrospect, I can definitely see that. I was in operations in the late 1980's. One supervisor per every 20 drivers. Somewhat "normal" work hours. Today, operations is a completely different work environment than what I was in.

bowhnterdon

I have seen a couple make it to Division,and ask to be bumped back down. Heard they keep their same Division pay,but I have a hard time believing that

Method Mensch

1rz7dk.jpg

drbrownsox

Manager level is absolute insanity right now. Factoring in paid day, managers make less than on-car supervisors. Pretty much a standard 14 hours at work not including the BS that follows you home.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Manager level is absolute insanity right now. Factoring in paid day, managers make less than on-car supervisors. Pretty much a standard 14 hours at work not including the BS that follows you home.
I'd be curious to know how many "managers" at UPS have any form of higher education. (For instance- a college degree). Lol.