Vote No - 10 Reasons

Yes or No?

• Total voters

Tony Q

15 an hour starting wage
Catch up raises for the part timers. Around $4.00
We shouldn't be allowed to be fired unless we are terminated for good. Stay on the job.
No 22.4
No Two tier wage
9.5 paid at quadruple time
Part times guaranteed 5 hours a day.
Article 37 goes directly to the Supreme Court and your supervisor gets terminated
Ups socks for both drivers and all Part timers
Supervisors working, your supervisor gets fired and has to go down to the panel and the division manager has to represent them.

Last edited:

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
2018-07-29.png

On Friday July 27th the Teamsters Website posted under "Contract Updates" -

"Attention part-time UPS workers: the tentative agreement contains significant increased start rates and wages. Learn more at http://ibt.io/parttimefliers"

I've got an update for the Teamsters, this is no update, I knew about this lousy wage change for the past two months. Why the hell are they recycling garbage? Trying to repurpose :censored2:?

Vote No, Strike.

DeadOnArrival

Belt Wide
Thanks to Tyler Binder’s 12 – Minute video on Facebook and YouTube “Why the UPS 2018 contract sucks!”, The contract’s expiration, and remembering James Hoffa dropping the ball last contract. Positive media spin is beginning to rise on search engines supporting the “Vote No” Movement.

Furthermore, a lot of new hires at the hub (who have made seniority) have been asking me about all the ‘Vote No’ t-shirts they are seeing during sort operations. I explained the contract proposal and the wages and they are eager to ‘vote no’. Hell these new hires hate working and would support a strike, they have little debt, if any, and simply don’t care to work; they want more money and less hours – they are on board to ‘vote no’ haha

So the millennials are on the #VoteNo juice.

UPS Teamsters Take On Two-Tier | Labor Notes

2018-08-01.png

The Driver

I drive.
I’m ready to go on strike if necessary. Screw it. I have money set aside. Let’s do this.

It’s gonna take courage and resolve, do we all have what it takes? We deserve and should demand better.

Grey

The penalty is unchanged and UPS will not be forced to adjust your route. Instead of fixing 9.5, this contract lets UPS shift overtime to underpaid 22.4 drivers.

What exactly does that mean?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The penalty is unchanged and UPS will not be forced to adjust your route. Instead of fixing 9.5, this contract lets UPS shift overtime to underpaid 22.4 drivers.

What exactly does that mean?
22.4 drivers will soak up regular driver's overtime, the hours will be the same, but instead of every driver getting 10 hour days, one will get 8 and the other, lesser paid one, who has no 9.5 protections, will get 12.

RolloTony Brown Town

15 an hour starting wage
Catch up raises for the part timers. Around $4.00
We shouldn't be allowed to be fired unless we are terminated for good. Stay on the job.
No 22.4
No Two tier wage
9.5 paid at quadruple time
Part times guaranteed 5 hours a day.
Article 37 goes directly to the Supreme Court and your supervisor gets terminated
Ups socks for both drivers and all Part timers
Supervisors working, your supervisor gets fired and has to go down to the panel and the division manager has to represent them.

I love how article 37 goes to Supreme Court lol

I’ll accept ALL of these things but the union has to recognize performance and telematics can be used to discharge employees. Do we have a deal?

Grey

22.4 drivers will soak up regular driver's overtime, the hours will be the same, but instead of every driver getting 10 hour days, one will get 8 and the other, lesser paid one, who has no 9.5 protections, will get 12.

How is that not “adjusting” routes? This whole thing makes no sense.

Blackadder 2

Jimmy Hoffa Sr. was a crook who sold us out to the mob, at least I understand that.
Hoffa Jr. is a maroon just selling us out for what?