Voting no

Yeah, have no idea. Didn't know it was a zero return, but knew I probably could do better, myself.
Nothing wrong with annuity if you want to add a little extra fixed income to your monthly pension

And there are several different kinds of annuities
But if you take an immediate annuity which law advertise 6% return for income purposes only basically for the first 17 years you'd be getting a return of your principal then anything after that would be interest I guess

If you had a million dollars in your 401k and bought a 30 year treasury paying 4%, you could take $40,000 a year out and you'd still have the $1 million at the end of the 30 years

Annuities are not all bad but they do have some hidden fees and expenses with them

Trust me I've been looking to many things cuz I'm getting close to retirement myself my friend

upschuck

Nothing wrong with annuity if you want to add a little extra fixed income to your monthly pension

And there are several different kinds of annuities
But if you take an immediate annuity which law advertise 6% return for income purposes only basically for the first 17 years you'd be getting a return of your principal then anything after that would be interest I guess

If you had a million dollars in your 401k and bought a 30 year treasury paying 4%, you could take $40,000 a year out and you'd still have the $1 million at the end of the 30 years

Annuities are not all bad but they do have some hidden fees and expenses with them

Trust me I've been looking to many things cuz I'm getting close to retirement myself my friend
I still have probably 6 years, so have a little time to get things how I would like.

bmd22

I wish that you wouldn’t keep repeating that our membership as (non-skilled).

Face it, the main reason that our members go into management Is because that knew they couldn’t do it long term. Either physically or mentally, a degree doesn’t guarantee anything anymore. Seriously what skill level is required to become an executive, we all know the game.

Do you personally believe that you were unskilled before your retirement?

I was classified as an unskilled position for decades…it is used to divide and demean our membership when one classification is favored or paid more than others just because they are a majority.

“Equal pay for Equal Work” should be the ultimate goal, right now that is just a joke.

O’Brien and his team made done improvements in this TA, and kept his initial promises. But again as usual some of our members will be left behind because of the previous Political in fighting associated with the Union’s (business of doing business) policies of appeasement.

For years the Company was playing (Chess) when are Union Leaders were still playing (Checkers).
"Equal work Equal pay" that's in an insult to those who invest their own time and money into bettering themselves.

I make the incentive to better myself put my self through classes and train better, I, I deserve to be rewarded for that. I made the changes that I needed to get ahead while you are in the back staying where you are. You dont deserve the same pay I that deserve.

I don't need the union telling me that I'm worth then the same as person who does nothing outside to get themselves ahead nor invest in the things I do.

You don't deserve the same pay as me, because you exist at ups.

JL 0513

Inflation was never at 1% and it certainly was never below 0. But assuming that impossible scenario, and assuming a stable 1%, then yes, we wouldn’t need massive raises.

First of all we don’t know for certain if that was the company proposal, but if it was, that’s insulting because the economy never deflates. It’s always inflating. The rate of inflation goes up or down depending on how fast it’s inflating.
We've had deflation a number of times. As recently as the 2008 recession. The worse period occuring during the Great Depression in the early '30's. While deflation may sound good, it's obviously not as it happens in the worst of times.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
"Equal work Equal pay" that's in an insult to those who invest their own time and money into bettering themselves.

I make the incentive to better myself put my self through classes and train better, I, I deserve to be rewarded for that. I made the changes that I needed to get ahead while you are in the back staying where you are. You dont deserve the same pay I that deserve.

I don't need the union telling me that I'm worth then the same as person who does nothing outside to get themselves ahead nor invest in the things I do.

Then quit, preloader

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Hi,
Loader, began work in July and hit my 30 day seniority. I hit my peak and I'm a in a slump.
Oldest loader in the bay at 26 years of age (once someone leaves the bay to be a driver maybe another in the bay is older).

My supervisor is 2 year hiree that is way younger than me wants me to be in top ten everyday.

I know he wants me to succeed and I should to but geez.

What does a dog and a fool have in common?

Cowboy Mac

We've had deflation a number of times. As recently as the 2008 recession. The worse period occuring during the Great Depression in the early '30's. While deflation may sound good, it's obviously not as it happens in the worst of times.
Ok fair point about the Great Depression, but deflation in 2008 only lasted a few months, so not really long enough to justify dropping someone’s pay.

Hopefully we learned from the Great Depression and that doesn’t happen again.