Wait time Process- New Hire

magz

I went online filled out app back in march for FT Freight Local driver. Went in for interview. Then got an email stating tentative offer. Week later took DOT, Drug and Driving Test passed. Then my past employment was being checked. They also had me fill out more docs online which I have done and asked me my uniform sizes. Whats the hold up ?? It has been 3 weeks since my road/driving test and background stuff.

Thank you

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I went online filled out app back in march for FT Freight Local driver. Went in for interview. Then got an email stating tentative offer. Week later took DOT, Drug and Driving Test passed. Then my past employment was being checked. They also had me fill out more docs online which I have done and asked me my uniform sizes. Whats the hold up ?? It has been 3 weeks since my road/driving test and background stuff.

Thank you
We're not HR....we just work here. You'll start when they tell you to.

Box Ox

Not sure about Freight but they might be waiting for the uniforms to be paddled/bicycled in from Bangladesh. Seriously takes forever to get uniforms even as a current UPS driver. Like months sometimes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Magz,

Hi, I work in HR so I can help you.

In general, based on the information you provided, you can expect to start within 18 months.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Wally

Magz,

As an addendum, did you complete SPRDS-001 training? (Spanish Road Signs Basics)

I always advise completing this module ASAP to speed up the hiring process.

Hope this helps.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Magz,
As an addendum, did you complete SPRDS-001 training? (Spanish Road Signs Basics)
I always advise completing this module ASAP to speed up the hiring process.

Hope this helps.

lol- NO dont think I have thank you

Don't listen to him, the SPRDS-001 training can be completed anytime. You just have to call HR to schedule it. Wally, don't they also need to request the ID10-t form to help speed through the process. C'mon, you're slacking Wally!

Wally

Don't listen to him, the SPRDS-001 training can be completed anytime. You just have to call HR to schedule it. Wally, don't they also need to request the ID10-t form to help speed through the process. C'mon, you're slacking Wally!

In my district, it is a prerequisite.

UPSGUY72

Thank you

It all comes down that they will hire you when they actually need another driver. They usually interview numerous people for 1 or 2 opening or open position. Then they narrow the field down to a couple and have that couple fill out all the related information to get hired ask them there size to have it. Then they wait till a person is actually needed that being said everything depends on how much companies are shipping.

YOu could be waiting a days or a couple of weeks and there is no rime or reason why....

SCV good to go sir.

Actual phone call:

UPS Store Clerk: When is the driver going to get here?
Center Manager: He'll get there when he gets there! <click>

You'll get hired when you get hired.