Waiting on union steward

CD0314

Posted a week ago about being DQ for not taking full breaks and running over, I made scratch 4 days and on the 5th ran 15 min over, but they had me finish my 30 day training route and now they’re having me run peak. Had me deliver bulk ground today. I contacted my union steward who told me he wasn’t sure and local union pres said they were “working on it” neither were aware of the new language in the supplement saying if a driver is used to deliver ground packages after disqualified that it would count towards 30 days in 90 period. Today was day 31 for me. They told me I was disqualified last Monday and drove me Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and today. Does this mean I could have a chance? I don’t know if I should look for something else or just wait this out.

Overpaid Union Thug

Posted a week ago about being DQ for not taking full breaks and running over, I made scratch 4 days and on the 5th ran 15 min over, but they had me finish my 30 day training route and now they’re having me run peak. Had me deliver bulk ground today. I contacted my union steward who told me he wasn’t sure and local union pres said they were “working on it” neither were aware of the new language in the supplement saying if a driver is used to deliver ground packages after disqualified that it would count towards 30 days in 90 period. Today was day 31 for me. They told me I was disqualified last Monday and drove me Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and today. Does this mean I could have a chance? I don’t know if I should look for something else or just wait this out.

According to the language YES. Hopefully your union reps do their jobs.

johnny_hotdog

From my understanding of this. They can say you are DQ’d all they want but unless you sign a seasonal driver bid or some other bid, every day you drive counts towards tour 30 in 90. Looks to me like you’ve got it but apparently they’re going to make you fight for it.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
According to the language YES. Hopefully your union reps do their jobs.
Its sad that I find that statement funny. Our steward can watch high school football games and basketball games in the town he delivers and enjoy the luxury of never being questioned about his over allowed. Anyone who runs his route always comes in with 2 or more hours less than he does.

What grievance?

What'dyabringmetoday???

Its sad that I find that statement funny. Our steward can watch high school football games and basketball games in the town he delivers and enjoy the luxury of never being questioned about his over allowed. Anyone who runs his route always comes in with 2 or more hours less than he does.

What grievance?
I hope you aren't suggesting that there is some cases of corruption in regard to the Teamsters. Lol.

RoadKill25

Pretty sure this scenario happened in out center. The driver was "bought" then. Meaning he was automatically a full timer. The argument being if he was good enough to keep working he's good enough to be full time.

El Correcto

god is dead

What grievance?
That’s nothing. I don’t care what they do on route. One of my stewards tried to tell me I could be fired for over allowed while in a meeting with the center manager.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That’s nothing. I don’t care what they do on route. One of my stewards tried to tell me I could be fired for over allowed while in a meeting with the center manager.
Our guy says that to the unknowing members also. I can beat that though. Our guy has been known to tell people filing grievances that they will be harassed and if they can stand the harassment he will file other wise, he won't waste his time if they are not willing to subject themselves to said harassment.

RolloTony Brown Town

How it gets handled may depend on the past practice but if they’re letting you drive past your 30 days just keep track of everything (route, overallowed, pieces, stops, what time last package came down belt, and any other pertinent info)

There’s no such thing as “extensions” to 30 days. If you were bad enough to DQ they should’ve pulled you off after day 29...

peak is not an excuse.

El Correcto

god is dead
Our guy says that to the unknowing members also. I can beat that though. Our guy has been known to tell people filing grievances that they will be harassed and if they can stand the harassment he will file other wise, he won't waste his time if they are not willing to subject themselves to said harassment.
I’ve seen this to, I watched a guy ask if he would be fired for filing a grievance.

I don’t understand that mentality. I filed for 9.5 my first year as a cover driver, I filed for my 8 hours my first year.

I’m entitled to my money and protection under the contract, if I can’t get that I don’t even want to work for these people so let’s roll the dice and find out.

KoennenTiger

If you can run scratch here even one time? They took every dead pickup from every guy and put them on the training route here. Just to help you guys out.

Look qualifying isn't that rough. If you can't do it? That's on you.

Stop blaming other people for your own failures. Nothing wrong with this not being the job for you

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hope you all had a good laugh over that one

Did you miss the part where it was the steward, not the center manager, who made that statement?

Honestly it caught me off guard. I’m sure I had a dumbfounded look of betrayal on my face followed up by a “Why are you even a steward”?

He does need a refresher course.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you can run scratch here even one time? They took every dead pickup from every guy and put them on the training route here. Just to help you guys out.

Look qualifying isn't that rough. If you can't do it? That's on you.

Stop blaming other people for your own failures. Nothing wrong with this not being the job for you

To be fair, qualifying using today's technology is much more difficult than when I went through it back in 1989.