Walked off the job today!!!!

bbsam

Staff member
that truck should have never been used. Express retires old junks.
no
bbsam. When is the last time you were on the road? Not covering an open route either. On the road working for a living. I've read quite a few of your posts, and it seems to me you are in the mold of any of the blindfolded fools in Memphis
it's easy to judge from a desk.
it's been years. This morning was the last time I pretripped a truck. Several as a matter as fact.

DontThrowPackages

He was given the truck at the last minute and the pre trip does not require the operator to check the lugs with a torque wrench.
So Right!. If thats the case, then why not check the engine mounts or transmission. I've kicked the tires and made sure of proper inflation but never turned lug nuts with my bare hands. What a joke LOL.

Artee

I've kicked the tires and made sure of proper inflation but never turned lug nuts with my bare hands. What a joke LOL.

They will fail you on the DOT pre trip right there. Kicking a tire will not tell you if its properly inflated. By the sound of the kick or thump you can tell if the tire might be low, flat, or even off the rim. But the only way to check for proper inflation is to use a tire pressure gauge. On my tractor, I will spot check and turn a couple lugs by hand. A few years back we had a driver find one starting to back off. Would be nice if the FedEx mechanics would paint a line between the lug and the stud to make a visual inspection easy. Half the time though they are not the ones doing the R&R of the tires.