Walking out the bottom belt on topic

Birdblue

I was wondering can I get fired for walking out the bottom belt or the belt in generally while it is running? If so is it like an out right termination or is it like if I continually do it it will eventually lead to disciplinary action? Because I walked out the bottom belt last night while it was running and the union steward was visiting about with other employees and I’m afraid that the sup told the steward about me. Need help please. On topic.

Fenris

I was wondering can I get fired for walking out the bottom belt or the belt in generally while it is running? If so is it like an out right termination or is it like if I continually do it it will eventually lead to disciplinary action? Because I walked out the bottom belt last night while it was running and the union steward was visiting about with other employees and I’m afraid that the sup told the steward about me. Need help please. On topic.

Yes, you can be terminated. Don't walk off belts while they are running, it is a potential safety hazard.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Very dangerous loosing and arm or leg is not worth somebody’s package to me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Please stop with the ridiculous drama.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The sole purpose of supervisors is to walk on moving belts.

But what am I supposed to do? Train you? You should know not to walk on unsecured anything, moving anything. There needs to be a latch on the belt start button before you walk on it.

clean hairy

There is a procedure to shut off and lock out a belt so it can safely be walked on.
The one who secures the belt is the only one who can turn it back on.
Should have been trained on that....

BootsOnTarmac

A moving belt is designed to convey packages not people. Why would any person ride / walk a moving belt?
Yes, Birdblue you should be fired. This is about as dumb as it gets.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes you could but I have witnessed many supervisors doing this in plain view of upper management with no problem.

This is an OSHA violation.

Why do you this?

What is the payoff for you to put yourself at risk like this?

Go try it and let us know what happens.