Wanna see an email that nearly every manager at UPS got?

RuthlessSupSlayer

I don't think the story is that simple for people who suffer from chronic depression or other issues.
Depression is no joke i had gone through it at a young age but i was more situational rather than chronic...My has chronic depression and Anxiety with a side of OCD and those are legit to me but adhd and all these new labels they have now

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
First off i am glad your wife is doing well that is never a godd thing i will keep her in my thoughts...but that is an example of :censored2: hitting the fan..i mean for people who got the wrong latte or get stuck in traffic and are late to work then get fired because they do not have a union backing them and people want them out because of thier own failures or read too much crap on the internet and dont like truth and hard reality...shall go on? I do not mean for life altering events or people who truly suffer from real mental issues not adhd and defiant disorder and those type BS labels we have created as a society.
One life altering event is rarely something that puts someone is a bad state of mind. It's a series of things. Lets just take the average day at this place. It's stressful. No one thing stands out. No one thing shakes your foundation. But repeated stress over and over is terrible for your mental health. Just getting it out is a good thing.

I'm not talking someone needing help because they got a peppermint latte instead of a pumpkin spice. Stress isn't something that just goes away. It manifests in other ways such as anxiety and depression. When you ignore it because of the good old "Life is hard" mentality, is when you have bigger issues.

It's like treating a broken leg with advil. Will it help for a little bit? Sure. But in the long run you have bigger issues.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Depression is no joke i had gone through it at a young age but i was more situational rather than chronic...My has chronic depression and Anxiety with a side of OCD and those are legit to me but adhd and all these new labels they have now
You ever think we have a better understanding of mental health now than we did 30 years ago?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Depression is a bitch, but that is what therapy and Prozac are for. Personal responsibility and a fight instead of flight attitude can be learned. Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff!

RuthlessSupSlayer

One life altering event is rarely something that puts someone is a bad state of mind. It's a series of things. Lets just take the average day at this place. It's stressful. No one thing stands out. No one thing shakes your foundation. But repeated stress over and over is terrible for your mental health. Just getting it out is a good thing.

I'm not talking someone needing help because they got a peppermint latte instead of a pumpkin spice. Stress isn't something that just goes away. It manifests in other ways such as anxiety and depression. When you ignore it because of the good old "Life is hard" mentality, is when you have bigger issues.

It's like treating a broken leg with advil. Will it help for a little bit? Sure. But in the long run you have bigger issues.

First off i was in a management world for lets say less than 6 more than 3 years. It was challenging alotof the times especially towards the end...because the puppet i fought to be while i was successful is who i had no to become because of new management was not lwtting us (multiple regional supervisors) be as free thinking as we once were. His ego got in his own way...when i walked away from that i was like i had been set free. But i do have a life is hard mentality and has worked for me for 15+ years BUT i keep a positive outlook and try to put a positive spin on things because for me its all about perception at the end of the day.

As long as they put my 3 espresso shots in there i am good...lol

RuthlessSupSlayer

You ever think we have a better understanding of mental health now than we did 30 years ago?
Yes but do you think we have taken some things too far than we did 15 years ago or even 10 years ago? My "theory" is that if they make more "labeled" disorders then the doctora get more patients and the Pharm (biggest scam in the world) industry sells more pills. And thats okay and accepted by general society because doc said so

RuthlessSupSlayer

Fewer routes till peak volume picks up.
1200px-Vyrnwy_dam.JPG

I dont want to go home for the whole day i just want to go home at a normal time like 630ish