Want to relocate from San Diego to San Antonio . Any tips

rod

Retired 22 years
Yawn.

Transplants came in and ruined San Francisco. Every Midwest fruitcake with a programming degree came in and wanted to be more “San-Francisco-than-thou” pushed out what was left of the working class and made the place a crime infested dump.

Texas can suck on it. And I hope you get more and more Somali neighbors up there in MN.
That's all those friend'ing Millennials---they ruined EVERYTHING-Everywhere.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
You all literally vote for all of it and you have audacity to say outsiders did it? Ok
I didn’t vote for any of it, but yes.

I’m mostly left in my politics but I’m not the one handing out free tents to bums in the Tenderloin, that’s the transplants.

baklava

When I say rural NorCal I’m not talking about the Central Valley full of Bay Area rejects and dregs. I’m talking about the mountains. Bumblef__k USA where you’re from is trash.

Last edited:

baklava

Boomers are the second Greatest Generation. Our parents were the first.
That’s sad to think so highly of your generation and sh_t on younger people. While I CAN say that about boomers, I don’t. Was never a fan of the “Ok, boomer” meme. The world changes, sorry it’s not working out for you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Can say the same for those damn boomers. (You responding to my comment about Millennials ruining everything. )
That’s sad to think so highly of your generation and sh_t on younger people. While I CAN say that about boomers, I don’t. Was never a fan of the “Ok, boomer” meme. The world changes, sorry it’s not working out for you.
Make up your friken mind. That another thing about the younger generation. They don't know what they want :-)

Cowboy Mac

If you are moving to escape CA., TX will soon go blue.....matter of time. All of the big cities in Tx are run by Democrats now.....they are a lost cause. This includes San Antonio. I guess anything is possible but my understanding is you can't transfer here. As has been said, you'll have to quit. So, what do you have to lose? I guess everything at UPS up to this point(including top pay). If you had feeder experience, probably get hired right away but then you would have to go through progression. San Antonio seems to have a lot of gang stuff also. Lot of racial tension, especially between blacks and hispanics.

Expect TX to look like CA in the next 10-20 years. I would actually look at TN. if you are conservative although I hear Nashville and Memphis are as liberal as it gets and as screwed up(crime, racial problems) as any liberal city.

If you can move to anywhere, why not look around to other long term places. You sound young.

If you think politics won't matter......you are naive. In my rural area(40 miles from a medium city) most homes are going for about $350,000. Starter homes about $200,000.
It’s the mayor and the city council, man. We need to get more than 13% of people to show up to vote next time. But nobody seems to care about what happens in their own backyard. All worried about D.C. and who the president is.
As far as the crime goes, I would say just avoid the inner city. Best place to live is outside Loop 1604 in any direction. The building is kind of on a bad part of town but I haven’t had any issues. Many people choose to live in the smaller towns and cities nearby because it’s cheaper/safer and commute to SA for work.