Wanting to transfer to ups parcel from ups freight.

upschuck

Put your app in, and see. If they are hiring, at the moment, I'd think you'd have a foot in the door. But then again, they may not like vulturing you from another division in the company.

Shaggysp

I will look into it thanks... I would imagine that I would have to start my progression all over again, but wouldn't be sure on probationary time for the union and insurance since I am already in the union...

upschuck

I will look into it thanks... I would imagine that I would have to start my progression all over again, but wouldn't be sure on probationary time for the union and insurance since I am already in the union...
You'd be like a new hire, and not a transfer. Get a withdrawal card if you leave the one, because you won't be in union until after you pass the probationary period, then shortly after, you'd get your healthcare, again.

542thruNthru

How hard and/or realistic is it to switch from freight to a parcel feeder driver?

You would have to apply like everyone else. You can't transfer. Think of them as to different companies.

Also depend on where you are it might be many many years before you drive Feeder.

oldngray

nowhere special
We don't kid about turf color, especially in the fall. Just as @burrheadd, @oldngray or @MyTripisCut .
3b11aaad.jpeg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
How hard and/or realistic is it to switch from freight to a parcel feeder driver?

If you are serious;

Call and schedule a meeting with the President of your Local Union.

When the company has to go to "outside" hires, a positive recommendation from the

Local Union leadership will open that door. My Local employs that strategy and with

good success. Several YRC guys came over and were willing to do the 4-year progression.

-Bug-