Warning letter

Thebrownstreak

I love this. I got a warning letter for misdelivering a package. The center called and told me to go back and pick up and redeliver. I said fine. Went back got package and delivered to correct house. center manager said warning letter was for the originally misdelivering the package. Classic

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got one for the same thing one time. I had a new subdivision where most of the houses were so new they didn't have numbers on them. I guessed and delivered to the house next door. The guy didn't want to walk next door (maybe 75-100 feet) and meet his neighbor. I went back within two hours the same day and still got the warning letter. Too bad we can't give them warning letters for all the mistakes they make all the time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your supervisor probably has to meet a monthly warning-letter quota in order to justify his job, and your honest mistake allowed him to cherry-pick an easy one. Look at it this way; you probably did the pathetic schmuck a favor. In 9 months that warning letter will be off of your record and while you are out there in the real world busting your ass to generate revenue for the company, he will still be sitting on his ass and generating reports. At least you can look at yourself in the mirror at night and take pride in the fact that, unlike him, you actually contribute to the success of the company you work for.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I was under the impression that UPS was bypassing the warning letter stage of the discipline process and issuing suspensions and terminations instead. Consider yourself blessed that's all you got.

ChadBrunn

Bypass a warning letter and straight to suspension? I have never heard that and would love to see them try it. I'll take a suspension with pay cause that's what will happen (at least with our union down here)

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Warning letters have become such a joke that its hard to take to serious anymore.

If you UPS wants to give out warnings for not doing a good job I would start pilling them on the CEO's desk and work down from there.

BrownArmy

I got a warning letter once because I had a missed business stop with six pieces...

The funny thing (at least to me) was that on the day in question, one of the newbie supervisors forgot that a driver had a personal day that day, and said driver's route sat in the building all morning while I hung out in the back thinking I was getting the day off.

As I was walking out of the building, said supervisor called me to say WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...I NEED YOU TO DO THIS ROUTE...

I'd never done the route before, so I had a 45 minute late start on a fairly busy business route with a chit-ton of NDA.

I got all the air off, made my way through the route, made all the pickups on time, got all the resi's off, on the blind.

Except for the one business I got to at 19:15 that happened to be in the 8000 section, tucked away in a residential area. Who knew?

DM was adamant that I receive a warning letter for having six missed pieces, even though I was sent to the wolves that day with a steak hanging around my neck and damn near pulled the whole thing off.

All I could think was, "What lesson am I supposed to learn from this warning letter?". There's progressive discipline for you.

When all you have is a hammer...

hembone

Write a protest grievence saying what you just said here.
I got a warning letter once because I had a missed business stop with six pieces...

The funny thing (at least to me) was that on the day in question, one of the newbie supervisors forgot that a driver had a personal day that day, and said driver's route sat in the building all morning while I hung out in the back thinking I was getting the day off.

As I was walking out of the building, said supervisor called me to say WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...I NEED YOU TO DO THIS ROUTE...

I'd never done the route before, so I had a 45 minute late start on a fairly busy business route with a chit-ton of NDA.

I got all the air off, made my way through the route, made all the pickups on time, got all the resi's off, on the blind.

Except for the one business I got to at 19:15 that happened to be in the 8000 section, tucked away in a residential area. Who knew?

DM was adamant that I receive a warning letter for having six missed pieces, even though I was sent to the wolves that day with a steak hanging around my neck and damn near pulled the whole thing off.

All I could think was, "What lesson am I supposed to learn from this warning letter?". There's progressive discipline for you.

When all you have is a hammer...

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...As I was walking out of the building, said supervisor called me to say WE HAVE A BIG PROBLEM...I NEED YOU TO DO THIS ROUTE...
That's what you get for giving your sup your cell number!! My advice, change your number and only give it to people who treat you with respect.