Warning letter

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I think you can't grieve warning letters here as well, but they fall off after a year if no other infractions. They are instrumental in stacking progressive discipline. I got one once, for finding a misload at 3PM vs 2PM. But it wasn't even given to me until 4 months later, when the aye whole tried to suspend me, for delivering my own freight! Oh the games they play here.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
How to get a warning letter thrown out?
Here....
We get them thrown out by grieving it for:

Being untimely. ( Must be given to the employee within10 days from knowledge of incident.) Art 17 CR
Not giving it to the employee with a steward present. Art 17 CR and local agreement by settled grievance on the issue.
By proving uneven or selective discipline. There's a lot of that.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Can't grieve it here. You can "protest" it here. But it stays right in your file....until it can be used against you. Verbal, warning letter....suspension....termination. No? I've seen it stick. Just like that.
For how many months will they be able to reference it?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here....
We get them thrown out by grieving it for:

Being untimely. ( Must be given to the employee within10 days from knowledge of incident.) Art 17 CR
Not giving it to the employee with a steward present. Art 17 CR and local agreement by settled grievance on the issue.
By proving uneven or selective discipline. There's a lot of that.
I've never seen a warning letter in my life but I'm sure it goes
-Always file art 37 on everything forever. This at the very least establishes that you protested it in the past even if the warning letter is 10 years old. Paper vs. Paper evidence kind of deal. Some locals protest automatically
-On top of this you can mention if the methods in violation are unclear or unknown and are unaware of which adjustment is to be made.

and the grievances
(specific articles) and all applicable, in this case: 17 and 37
-a body which establishes who what when where why and explains the points above ^
-Requests for records, discussions and/or clarifications with supervisors and text.

And if you really want to win a grievance. you can then get your stewards and other representatives involved in collecting the requested information, documented discussions with other buddies well before the panel hearing.

It's really about how much you want to play defense. From what I've read, warning letters are toilet paper and you don't worry much about them.

Last edited: