Warning Letters/Option Days

Overpaid Union Thug

One of our new "flavor of the month" policies seems to concern calling in whether you have option/sick days or not. Anyone experience this yet or been warned about it? It's not happened yet in our center but plenty of hints and whispers have been laid on us about it. I can understand the rule if it were targeting excessive absentees but for those of us that have chosen option days instead of a regular week of vacation shouldn't have to worry about this. I won't be.

One of our new "flavor of the month" policies seems to concern calling in whether you have option/sick days or not. Anyone experience this yet or been warned about it? It's not happened yet in our center but plenty of hints and whispers have been laid on us about it. I can understand the rule if it were targeting excessive absentees but for those of us that have chosen option days instead of a regular week of vacation shouldn't have to worry about this. I won't be.

Same here, I told sup. i wanted to use a Optional Day , 48 hours prior, And did not get paid for it! Something is going on , that is not stated in our contract!!

EmerCond421

Happened to me also. A few weeks ago asked for my 1st of two option days - was told OK :happy-very: but then didn't receive pay. :angry: Just figured I still had my 2 option days left; could have used the pay at the time but I'll just use up my 2 days at another time. This time paid I hope.

local804

Contractually we have to give 1 weeks time in our local.I see one post give 48 hours and the other give a few weeks. Check language in your contract and contact steward if there is a problem. Not that hard.

Contractually we have to give 1 weeks time in our local.I see one post give 48 hours and the other give a few weeks. Check language in your contract and contact steward if there is a problem. Not that hard.

I work 3 days a week , and was told to give 2 days notice!

brownrod

I've found that whenever I ask a driver sup to put me down for an optional day I never get it paid. But if I ask the OMS to do it then it always happens properly and I get paid.

The lesson I've learned is never ask the driver sup to do it. Always make the OMS enter my optional days for me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whenever I take a day I always check the operations report the next day to see how the day was coded and, if not coded correctly, will ask that it be changed. Checking your paystub the following week is too late.

outta hours

In my supplement if we choose option three we are given seven paid days off, in addition to our one personal holiday that everyone receives. Regardless of which option you choose 1, 2, or 3. The one personal holiday is the only one that requires an advance notice of 5 days. The remaining 7 option days do not need to be scheduled or approved, and can be taken anytime with a call in at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled start time. These are paid days and cannot be counted as absences nor can you be subjected to any type of discipline for calling and using them.

I do know that many times in the beginning of the calendar year the company tries to enforce or use nonexistent language under the guise of it being a new year and things have changed. This is not true. We are still under the same contract and nothing has changed. Check your supplement and file a grievance under article 6 or 37 if you are being told otherwise.

cino321

Whenever I take a day I always check the operations report the next day to see how the day was coded and, if not coded correctly, will ask that it be changed. Checking your paystub the following week is too late.

First time I actually agree with you.

Always check the day after. Ask your sup or OMS.