Was told my run was cut for Tuesday, mid day I get a call from dispatch asking where I am.

Largofarburn

I work Sunday-Thursday in feeders. Got a call from dispatch on Friday to tell me my run was cut on Tuesday, not out of the norm after a holiday since I have a morning run.

Then today almost 4 1/2 hours after my usual start time I got a call from dispatch wanting to know where I was. Told them they called me Friday and said I was cut. Dispatcher tried to get me to come in till I reminded him that I wouldn’t make tomorrow’s start time if I did.

After they hung up I immediately called the manager and explained the situation, and he said he’d call me right back. Naturally being ups I haven’t heard anything.

So now it’s looking like I missed out on a days pay and my holiday pay.
I’m assuming I need to talk to a shop stuard and file a grievance to get this all straightened out, but I’ve never had to do that before.

Is there anything else I should do? Or anything else I need to document?

nWo

Do they usually put you on a different run when yours is out?

I think you would still get holiday pay.

Largofarburn

Do they usually put you on a different run when yours is out?

I think you would still get holiday pay.
We usually have the option of using a personal day, going on call, or just taking a lay off day.
I went on call but told them not to call after a certain hour so I could still make my start time for the next day.

The dispatcher today was trying to say I wouldn’t get holiday pay since I had “no called no showed”

Largofarburn

I should note the missed days pay was because I was supposed to be on call since my regular run was cut.

But since they didn’t actually cut my run, they obviously never tried to call me for on call work. Then the “no call no show” is making me lose the holiday pay.