Was told today that my seniority carried over from last time I worked at ups? is this true?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you worked 12/3/14 and worked thru peak and kept working your seniority date should be the first day you worked in 2014. Your official hire date could be later, but for seniority purposes it goes back to your first working day if they keep you on. Your hire date should be the last day of your probation, which as a part timer could be anywhere from 30 to 70 days in some areas.
Each supplement is different. In the Central, if you are hired as a seasonal and retained, the days worked during Nov and Dec do not count.

Your seniority date is the first day worked after Friday of the second full week in January.

In the Southern, it just says that time worked in Oct, Nov and Dec does not count as time accrued toward seniority.

If retained, you still need to work 30 days to qualify, but it just says that your seniority date will revert back to the first day worked.

An argument can be made for that day being during Oct, Nov or Dec as long as you got your 30 days in a 120 day period and the first day worked during Oct, Nov or Dec was in that 120 day period.

PT Car Washer

Each supplement is different. In the Central, if you are hired as a seasonal and retained, the days worked during Nov and Dec do not count.

Your seniority date is the first day worked after Friday of the second full week in January.

In the Southern, it just says that time worked in Oct, Nov and Dec does not count as time accrued toward seniority.

If retained, you still need to work 30 days to qualify, but it just says that your seniority date will revert back to the first day worked.

An argument can be made for that day being during Oct, Nov or Dec as long as you got your 30 days in a 120 day period and the first day worked during Oct, Nov or Dec was in that 120 day period.
I agree if you are hired as a seasonal your time worked in Nov and Dec would not count. In my building HR told everyone they were hired permanent to avoid paying the seasonal rate of $15/hr.