Ways to improve.

Yes but I’m not sure, maybe I’m weird. But his point wasn’t about the electricity, I believe, it more had to do with the music being too loud probably and that was his way of saying “shut it the * off and get to work”
Years ago when I sorted on the boxline slide during the Midnight sort we too were told we couldn.t plug our radio into a UPS socket. One of the other sorters would bring a 12 volt car battery into work every night to power our radio.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Man, all I'm wanting is better ventilation in the cargo area. AC in the cab really isn't feasible in Florida since we're in/out so much, but a better vent system would be amazing. There's not much like opening up the bulkhead to getting blasted in the face by 140 degree heat. Well, burning your arm on a shelf kinda feels great too but that's another story.
I'll take the a/c, I have 5-10 miles between stops.

Zowert

We don’t need GPS monitors in our cab. It’s just a distraction. A good RPCD should have outstanding area knowledge anyway. I suppose it would be nice for cover drivers running a new route in the blind, but then they would be too reliant on GPS. There are a couple cover drivers that know how to run nearly every route at our center, those dudes are worth their weight in gold. Bring GPS in and those types of drivers would become extinct.

quad decade guy

We don’t need GPS monitors in our cab. It’s just a distraction. A good RPCD should have outstanding area knowledge anyway. I suppose it would be nice for cover drivers running a new route in the blind, but then they would be too reliant on GPS. There are a couple cover drivers that know how to run nearly every route at our center, those dudes are worth their weight in gold. Bring GPS in and those types of drivers would become extinct.
Extinct. That's the goal of mgt.