Ways to improve.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have worked for numerous years as a helper...go ahead insert your joke here. As an outsider there just seems way too many things that could be improved, I come from a military and farm background so I know all about procedures and being strict and also getting by with what you got on the battlefield....as well as the technology advancements that are possible now. The cab is way too basic and crude, it makes easier cleaning but a real cab would make a tough job more enjoyable. why not have a radio, charge ports, real heater and ac, heated more comfortable seat. Jump seat is a bad piece of plywood with a tiny worthless cushion. How about a gps based monitor screen that displays all deliveries for the day, instead of following a tiny map on diad and there directions you could more effectively see nearby deliveries, this would also allow to show when you are at a house doing an early next day and then return to same house for a regular delivery.....I know I am preaching to a choir that knows all this and hates my opinion, just my thoughts.
It's all about money. Keep things inexpensive.

UPSER1987

I have worked for numerous years as a helper...go ahead insert your joke here. As an outsider there just seems way too many things that could be improved, I come from a military and farm background so I know all about procedures and being strict and also getting by with what you got on the battlefield....as well as the technology advancements that are possible now. The cab is way too basic and crude, it makes easier cleaning but a real cab would make a tough job more enjoyable. why not have a radio, charge ports, real heater and ac, heated more comfortable seat. Jump seat is a bad piece of plywood with a tiny worthless cushion. How about a gps based monitor screen that displays all deliveries for the day, instead of following a tiny map on diad and there directions you could more effectively see nearby deliveries, this would also allow to show when you are at a house doing an early next day and then return to same house for a regular delivery.....I know I am preaching to a choir that knows all this and hates my opinion, just my thoughts.
Those improvements don’t allow you to pay a driver 40 bucks an hour and still turn a profit.

And people would still whine anyway. That’s why nothing changes. You can’t please the masses, so you get what you get.

Heavy Package

I know I am preaching to a choir that knows all this and hates my opinion, just my thoughts.

Please drop your comments in the Seasonal Helper comment box outside the hub when you pick up your last check. Your comments will be sent Next Day Air to Atlanta and personally read by our new CEO. You will also be entered into a $10 Target gift card drawing as UPS's way of saying "Thanks"/

1609080767619.png

Wally

Not so long ago, helpers stood up all day. No stinkin' jumper seat.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Old preloader used to plug his boom box into the pole next to his pull
DM saw it one day and told him to unplug it that he was stealing electricity

People wonder why it’s always us against them

charm299

Man, all I'm wanting is better ventilation in the cargo area. AC in the cab really isn't feasible in Florida since we're in/out so much, but a better vent system would be amazing. There's not much like opening up the bulkhead to getting blasted in the face by 140 degree heat. Well, burning your arm on a shelf kinda feels great too but that's another story.
We just got some new trucks with a vent for the cargo area. It now makes the truck have an 11 foot clearance and puts every tree in play

imsolazy

I would just focus on what they pay you to do. They already got people that engineer things to make the job more difficult and make management more lazier than they already are they don't need any more input.

Wally

I would just focus on what they pay you to do. They already got people that engineer things to make the job more difficult and make management more lazier than they already are they don't need any more input.
Some input would be helful but the last thing the company would ever do is consult the people that actually use the product. For example the dash lights reflect on the front windows due to the dash angle, beeping overkill, bad defroster, etc.

upsgrunt

Some input would be helful but the last thing the company would ever do is consult the people that actually use the product. For example the dash lights reflect on the front windows due to the dash angle, beeping overkill, bad defroster, etc.

And also those sharp corners around the seat base that you always seem to bang your ankle bone against. What spawn of Satan engineer designed those?