We are being sold.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
g
The President presents a budget to congress to vote on. Yes the congress voted for President Clintons budget and balanced the budget with a surplus to pay off the debt. Then Bush shot the whole thing to hell.
My kids present me a list of items they would like to have too. Being the adult, and the one who controls the money in my family, I will decide on what we are and what we are not going to purchase.

Get how it REALLY works?

My kids present me a list of items they would like to have too. Being the adult, and the one who controls the money in my family, I will decide on what we are and what we are not going to purchase.

Get how it REALLY works?
Yes I see how it works. The President is the adult and congress are the children. I know it has taken President Obama many years to dig this country out of the hole bush left us in.

realbrown1

Yes I see how it works. The President is the adult and congress are the children. I know it has taken President Obama many years to dig this country out of the hole bush left us in.
You know it has taken Obama many years to dig this country out of the hole that Bush left us in?

If you know, then what did Obama do that helped dig us out of that mess?

wkmac

g
The President presents a budget to congress to vote on. Yes the congress voted for President Clintons budget and balanced the budget with a surplus to pay off the debt. Then Bush shot the whole thing to hell.

Where is the republican congress now? Or the last 20 years.

They took control less than a month ago.
Didn't you know this or do you hate the Republicans too and want to blame them for Obama's reckless spending?

Get how it REALLY works?

You know it has taken Obama many years to dig this country out of the hole that Bush left us in?

If you know, then what did Obama do that helped dig us out of that mess?

Overpaid Union Thug

If one can put their political bias aside they can only come to the conclusions that borrowing more money won't solve the problem. And that simple math shows that raising taxes on the rich (even at 100%) won't help. And that the only way to bring down the debt is to cut spending and by cutting the federal government. And that the military shouldn't be cut but it, like ALL government entities, needs a serious waste fraud and abuse overhaul. And that we absolutely have to get all of the habitual government leeches off their asses for more than just election time. And lastly..... that both liberals and big government RINO "Republicans" should NEVER, EVER, EVER, be entrusted with our nations finances again.

This country will have to make some pretty tough decisions concerning entitlement programs. In 2010 alone the middle class and lower class collectively received more money from the government than was paid in. That is absurd.

realbrown1

I still want to know if a part time car washer can tell us exactly what Obama did to get us out of the mess that Bush left us in.

He made the claim that Obama saved us. So I want to know what exactly Obama did to SAVE us.

PT car washer, are you there?

I still want to know if a part time car washer can tell us exactly what Obama did to get us out of the mess that Bush left us in.

He made the claim that Obama saved us. So I want to know what exactly Obama did to SAVE us.

A whole lot of people have jobs that were unemployed before. Home prices are coming back. Stock market is up. Gas prices are down. My 401k and IRA are doing great. I guess the President can't control the weather but other then that, he's doing a pretty good job.

realbrown1

I didn't ask you about how things are better now.

I asked you about WHAT HAS OBAMA DONE SPECIFICALLY TO MAKE THINGS BETTER.

You can name some things he has done, right?

wkmac

A whole lot of people have jobs that were unemployed before. Home prices are coming back. Stock market is up. Gas prices are down. My 401k and IRA are doing great. I guess the President can't control the weather but other then that, he's doing a pretty good job.

realbrown1

Just like under President Clinton. What part of peace and prosperity to you not like?
Republicans controlled congress and the national spending for the last 6 years of Bill Clinton's presidency.

It was the Republicans that passed a balance budget with an actual surplus.

realbrown1

Not a democrat. Just a hard working Union member and Veteran. Son of a retired Teamster and Veteran. I call them the way I see them.
Yeah well, I am a veteran and a teamster and am the son of a veteran and a machinist union member who thinks that you have a lot to learn about the way the country works.
And you could learn to do a little research and math too while you are at it.

Yeah well, I am a veteran and a teamster and am the son of a veteran and a machinist union member who thinks that you have a lot to learn about the way the country works.
And you could learn to do a little research and math too while you are at it.
I have had many lively discussions with both service members and Union brothers over the same ideas.