We are being sold.

bluehdmc

The country was on pace to pay off the National Debt in 1992. Then Reagan got elected to office, cut taxes to "stimulate the economy", increased military spending, and talked about "supply side economics, and trickle down". See the Republicans at work.
IncreasingtheUSDebt.jpg

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg

wkmac

Could you imagine Blazing Saddles being nominated tonight for the Oscars?

Nope. They can't even show it anymore as it was originally cut. I'm fortunate to have seen it on the big screen during its premier run. A great film that made fun of every stereotype and laid it all out for all to see.

PT Car Washer

Nope. They can't even show it anymore as it was originally cut. I'm fortunate to have seen it on the big screen during its premier run. A great film that made fun of every stereotype and laid it all out for all to see.
I think we all need to step back and laugh at ourselves every so often.

PT Car Washer

Tried to watch it just now. Came out in the theaters as PG 13. Now the movie is censored.

Overpaid Union Thug

Republicans controlled congress and the national spending for the last 6 years of Bill Clinton's presidency.

It was the Republicans that passed a balance budget with an actual surplus.
That just flies over the heads of uninformed voters that actually think Clinton did any of that and don't understand how the three branches of government even work.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
That just flies over the heads of uninformed voters that actually think Clinton did any of that and don't understand how the three branches of government even work.
And then they come on here and talk about how good a president is by what congress has done.
They understand nothing except what the liberal media tells them.

realbrown1

I have had many lively discussions with both service members and Union brothers over the same ideas.
After all your posts, you still haven't named 1 specific thing that Obama has done to make things better.

Why do you think it is that you can't seem to name 1 thing?

realbrown1

The country was on pace to pay off the National Debt in 1992. Then Reagan got elected to office, cut taxes to "stimulate the economy", increased military spending, and talked about "supply side economics, and trickle down". See the Republicans at work.
IncreasingtheUSDebt.jpg

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg
Couldn't even get the year Reagan was 1st elected right.
So why should anyone believe anything you post?

bluehdmc

Couldn't even get the year Reagan was 1st elected right.
So why should anyone believe anything you post?

1981 was the year he took office. (What do you think I drew these charts up and then copied and pasted them?)
Just put "National Debt by President" and you'll get the above charts and many more. All with basically the same info.

Both charts have from when the individuals took office till they left, DUH!

Maybe if you did something other than listen to the sound bites on Faux News, Benghazi!!

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

1981 was the year he took office. (What do you think I drew these charts up and then copied and pasted them?)
Just put "National Debt by President" and you'll get the above charts and many more. All with basically the same info.

Both charts have from when the individuals took office till they left, DUH!

Maybe if you did something other than listen to the sound bites on Faux News, Benghazi!!
Reagan advocated borrowing and spending to outspend the Soviet Union. Liberals borrow, TAX and spend to keep the handouts flowing to their voting base.

bluehdmc

Reagan advocated borrowing and spending to outspend the Soviet Union. Liberals borrow, TAX and spend to keep the handouts flowing to their voting base.

Why has the National Debt increased so much during Republican administrations?

Let alone we spend how much of our Gross National Product on our military compared to the rest of the world?

Eisenhower, (a Republican) warned of the "MILITARY-Industrial Complex".

wkmac

After all your posts, you still haven't named 1 specific thing that Obama has done to make things better.

I can name 3 things.

1) Made republicans anti-state
2) Made republicans anti-surveillance
3) Made republicans anti-war

But that will change when the next GOP President is elected.
;)

Overpaid Union Thug

Let alone we spend how much of our Gross National Product on our military compared to the rest of the world?

In addition to being ignorant on how their own government works..... Liberals have a rather foggy and selective memory when it comes to who actually ran up the most debt and who controlled the house and senate during those times. And I notice you didn't bother address what I said comparing what liberals spend to what Reagan advocated spending. But sometimes silence indicates an answer as much as words.

Like I said.... Liberals and RINOs should never be given that power again.

realbrown1

I can name 3 things.

1) Made republicans anti-state
2) Made republicans anti-surveillance
3) Made republicans anti-war

But that will change when the next GOP President is elected.
;)
That's your answer. That's a joke. It's a steaming pile.

So you can't name 1 thing either.

realbrown1

Really simple answer to that.

The American people usually choose to split power. Elect 1 party to the presidency, and give the other party control of congress. There is a track record of this happening. So, when a Republican is president, I will ask you to look to see the party that controlled congress. Since congress controls the purse of the US, they spend the money.

I'll leave you to learn about this more on your own. And stop watching the liberal media. That's ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and PBS. All they say is that Republicans are evil and hate women and the Democrats are fighting the good fight.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

How about a chart that shows just which spouses of sitting members of Congress have profited from the Military-Industrial Complex ?

wkmac

How about a chart that shows just which spouses of sitting members of Congress have profited from the Military-Industrial Complex ?

Agreed but then I'd suggest we take a hard look at what we are told to fear and then question what its true intent is.

Last edited:

bluehdmc

Really simple answer to that.

The American people usually choose to split power. Elect 1 party to the presidency, and give the other party control of congress. There is a track record of this happening. So, when a Republican is president, I will ask you to look to see the party that controlled congress. Since congress controls the purse of the US, they spend the money.

I'll leave you to learn about this more on your own. And stop watching the liberal media. That's ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and PBS. All they say is that Republicans are evil and hate women and the Democrats are fighting the good fight.

They don't always "split power". There have been times with one party or the other in both Congress and the Presidency. Also the President has the power of the veto. When Clinton was in office the Republican controlled Congress passed the line item veto, in hopes Clinton wouldn't get reelected. Guess what happened, all that time (and money) spent on Whitewater then and through his second term and all the talk was about a blue dress. Meanwhile Newt is banging his girlfriend while his wife is in the hospital with breast cancer.

Maybe you should stop watching Fox News that still hollers Benghazi, Birth Certificate, "Tax and Spend", and all the other Tea Party buzzwords.

Last edited: