We are coming for justice

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Actresses Viola Davis and Halle Berry have both called for justice for a black teenager who was shot in the head through a glass door by a white homeowner after her went to the wrong address to pick up his younger siblings.
More than $1.1million have been raised by a GoFundMe account to help Ralph and his family with the medical bills, as he remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.
His aunt Dr Faith Spoonmore claims that when he fell to the floor, he was shot again but miraculously managed to run next door to a neighbor for help.
She says that her nephew had to knock on three doors before he was helped, and even then was told to lie on the floor with his hands above his head.
His family has retained the services of civil rights attorneys Lee Merritt and Ben Crump.
Tough neighborhood

{ Ralph Yarl, her/his }

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Honestly, I don't buy the account given for why he was there.
Every kid today has a cell phone that has GPS.
If he could run away after being shot, then why didn't he call 911 himself ?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The home in Kansas City, Missouri had signs saying 'NO SOLICITORS' and ' THIS PROPERTY IS PROTECTED BY SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS'

bbsam

Staff member
The home in Kansas City, Missouri had signs saying 'NO SOLICITORS' and ' THIS PROPERTY IS PROTECTED BY SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS'
I’ve delivered to lots of houses with those signs. Probably misdelivered a package or two to a few of them. Not sure that’s grounds for opening fire on me.

newolddude

Honestly, I don't buy the account given for why he was there.
Every kid today has a cell phone that has GPS.
He put in the wrong address.

Yarl was meant to pick up his brothers from a friend's house on 115th Terrace. He ended up ringing the doorbell at a home on 115th Street

Box Ox

I’ve delivered to lots of houses with those signs. Probably misdelivered a package or two to a few of them. Not sure that’s grounds for opening fire on me.

There are still backwoods idiots out there who will come out with a gun drawn if a black driver is walking up a package. Zero problems if they see me coming.

Box Ox

Have you ever heard of someone winning a self-defense case after having shot someone through an exterior door because they had a no solicitors and we have cameras sign up?

newolddude

Have you ever heard of someone winning a self-defense case after having shot someone through an exterior door because they had a no solicitors and we have cameras sign up?

According to Missouri Revised Statutes 563.031:

[Protective] force is used against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter a dwelling, residence, or vehicle lawfully occupied by such person.

Box Ox

More scared old people shooting. This time a blonde 20 year old woman is dead for pulling in wrong driveway.

Some rural folks own firearms because the nearest law enforcement could be 45 minutes away if a true bad guy does roll up late at night. It's too bad that some of them make really stupid choices when they think it might be happening.

Bad move coming out with that raised handgun.

pkgdriver

PT Car Washer

Some rural folks own firearms because the nearest law enforcement could be 45 minutes away if a true bad guy does roll up late at night. It's too bad that some of them make really stupid choices when they think it might be happening.
Scares the Hell out of me during Peak when I deliver a package to a rural home at 10PM in a rental truck. I honk the horn and turn on all of the lights and flashers and carry a flashlight and hope I don't get shot or mauled by a dog. Thank God I'm white.

bbsam

Staff member
He was casing the place
How do you know?
1681785371668.png

Was she casing the joint as well?