We are coming for justice

bbsam

Staff member
I can definitely see how an 84 year old man awakened late at night could become confused and scared of someone knocking on their door.
Why? Number 1. Don’t open the door.
Number 2. Defensive position
Number 3. Call authorities

Jumping straight to the gun is rarely the right move.

PT Car Washer

Why? Number 1. Don’t open the door.
Number 2. Defensive position
Number 3. Call authorities

Jumping straight to the gun is rarely the right move.
I do not condone the old gentleman's actions. I am simplify stating how his actions were not premedicated. I am sure he will take that night to the grave with him.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All these politicians and celebrities jumping on the bandwagon, will they do the same for cases like this?

Mutineer

The worst thing a person can do when responding to a perceived threat outside of his home is to open the front door or go outside. Stay inside, arm yourself, take a defensive position, and call 911. And never shoot through a wall or closed door.

Then the cops purposely blind the guy with their billion-lumen flashlights so that it is impossible for him to identify that the people in his yard are police!

Everybody involved (including the homeowner) made very bad decisions.

bbsam

Staff member
I do not condone the old gentleman's actions. I am simplify stating how his actions were not premedicated. I am sure he will take that night to the grave with him.
I get it. It’s just that one of the things that’s stressed with gun safety is “knowing the target and
what’s beyond” and the shooter is “responsible for every round fired down range”. Irresponsible acts will have serious consequences.

bbsam

Staff member
It's unfortunate that more people don't know that they can't handle the responsibility of owning a gun before they own one.
True. Even more messed up is the most people can handle the responsibility. They simply never took the time to understand the depths of those responsibilities.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I get it. It’s just that one of the things that’s stressed with gun safety is “knowing the target and
what’s beyond” and the shooter is “responsible for every round fired down range”. Irresponsible acts will have serious consequences.
In a stressful situation, where you fear for your life, are you worrying about what’s beyond? Rule number one, never point at anything you don’t intend to shoot. You can’t learn how to react in a stressful situation by going to a gun range plinking.
The fact is, you don’t know how you will react under certain circumstances unless you’re trained.

bbsam

Staff member
Neither the rulessnof safe gun handling nor the laws regulating their use go away because situations are stressful. In fact, all the training and all the education will tell people everything you and I are are both saying: self defense use of a firearm is extremely stressful and the individual deploying deadly force is 100% responsible for that decision.

TheDudeAbides92

Like most things the mainstream media harps on now there’s almost no reason to believe this story is true. I genuinely don’t understand why anyone watches television or believes anything on the “news”

TheDudeAbides92

More scared old people shooting. This time a blonde 20 year old woman is dead for pulling in wrong driveway.

Yeah I’m sure that’s the entire story lmao

How do we know the media doesn’t just flat out make this crap up ? I mean given how many things they lie about on a daily basis