"We have had enough"

Days

Part of my thinking and reasoning for saying it may not be the economic reasons but the non economic parts of this contract go along these lines. At the start of this current contract my route 170 stops = 10 hour day with a 17sporh. 5 years latter
170 stops = 8.5 hour day. So do the math what am i being paid per day really. Now am i making more money absolutely. However, factor in inflation etc. Now lets turn our attention to non economic factors. Each year not be my choice my hours worked for that year has increased, my peices per hour, have increased, the toil on my body has increased, time with family and friends decreased On The Weekends Especially. So lets address that issue briefly, because of the increased stops per car, stops per mile, stops per hour, my recovery time has gone from sleeping in an hour or two to as high as 24 hours. Thus my quality of life has decreased. The union responded to these concerns by giving UPS a lower paid workforce? So for me im fine with the money in the proposal shoild it pass. If you read my past posts ive never addressed the $$$ as being unfair. For me and al those ive had face to face meetings with there are a multitude of real non economic issues that need to be addressed. Now ive put of celebration of my Birthday for weeks. I received my ballot today and voted. So now its time to party however, whatever way it goes we all of us have some different days ahead. UPS is not the same company it was and never will be again. Till next time JRyan

Toll on your body? This ain't that hard of work bud. You gotta carry on average a 20 lb box to someone's doorstep. Toll on your body would be unloading 7k pieces every morning for years or working a demanding position in the sort.

You're mad because the company expects you to work at a brisk pace. Work as safely as you can and anything past that is out of your hands. File 9.5 , get paid big money. PROFIT

I think some of the drivers on here don't really see how good they have it

fattybrown

Toll on your body? This ain't that hard of work bud. You gotta carry on average a 20 lb box to someone's doorstep. Toll on your body would be unloading 7k pieces every morning for years or working a demanding position in the sort.

You're mad because the company expects you to work at a brisk pace. Work as safely as you can and anything past that is out of your hands. File 9.5 , get paid big money. PROFIT

Yes, toll on your body is correct. I’m in my 30’s, in decent shape, and perform to the company’s standards most days.

I’ve been driving almost 5 years and my knees and feet are not in the same condition as they were when I started. I spend good money on work shoes/boots and purchase at least 4 pair a year.

Every morning when I wake up I waddle thru the house to slip on some flip flops or house shoes, depending on the season, to put some kind of cushion in between my feet and the floor until the soreness works itself out.

Then when I get to work, if I have go upstairs for some reason I have been catching myself literally using both handrails to lift and pull myself up them.

My phone tracks my steps each day. You should check yours if your not too busy harassing one of your employees, since you obviously aren’t a driver. Then compare them.

This is the results of last week

9/10 8.4 miles 18,130 steps
9/11. 8.4. 18,420
9/12. 10.6. 23,220
9/13. 8.7. 19,343
9/14. 8.9. 19,700

This is about average 8-10 miles a day doing anywhere between 150-170 stops per day plus 15-20 pick ups each day.

Tell me that doesn’t put a toll on your body smarta:censored3:!

fattybrown

And then add the extra impact of force from that 20 lb average box that you talk about to those joints over that distance.

I know I have a good job and am grateful for it, but your little snide comment really irritates me.

Why must this company try to belittle everything and everyone. I’ve been on both sides during my 15 years with the company, I’ve heard the higher ups give the tongue lashings to center mgrs and on cars. It’s BS. I’ve also caught crap from preloaders about pkgs getting crammed down their throats, drivers feeling like they are being harassed because they were the first ones done and they have to go back out and help others, or feel as if they are over dispatched.

Basically what I’m saying is I’ve been around a little bit and had several different positions during my tenure. What I know is, this job is demanding and puts a toll on your body. Some mental, some physical, sometimes both.

The biggest problem is the people in IE doing the planning who don’t realize what actually happens each day in our not so perfect world. All to make the shareholders more money. Sure the numbers sound logical and reasonable on paper, but there are too many variables within the company and our surroundings. Just because we have more daylight in the summer, doesn’t mean we should bump up SPC. That has always blown my mind since these pkg cars are mobile ovens. Or how about the law states we can work them 70hrs, we should do that. It’s only another few hours.

F

Frankie's Friend

Bud?
Who has to unload 7000 pcs on the preload? You said work at a safe pace.
And if the average weight of a pkg is 20# now there's no way someone is unloading 140,000# in 5 hrs out of trailers each morning.
Go back to your desk and finish the solitaire game you started.
Tony Q can sit in as the court jester when your mia.

F

Frankie's Friend

I guess I'm the only one that finds it comical.

@wide load

It's always about the money bud. If Tyler doesn't like working at UPS he can just save his money and quit and get a really good fully paid education or maybe even work part time at UPS while he does it.
Yeah, that's the spirit you management loser.
"Just quit if you dont like it."

No, why dont you quit and the rest of the workforce who break their backs to support your worthless salary will be happier.

Loser management on here. It never changes.

F

Frankie's Friend

And then add the extra impact of force from that 20 lb average box that you talk about to those joints over that distance.

I know I have a good job and am grateful for it, but your little snide comment really irritates me.

Why must this company try to belittle everything and everyone. I’ve been on both sides during my 15 years with the company, I’ve heard the higher ups give the tongue lashings to center mgrs and on cars. It’s BS. I’ve also caught crap from preloaders about pkgs getting crammed down their throats, drivers feeling like they are being harassed because they were the first ones done and they have to go back out and help others, or feel as if they are over dispatched.

Basically what I’m saying is I’ve been around a little bit and had several different positions during my tenure. What I know is, this job is demanding and puts a toll on your body. Some mental, some physical, sometimes both.

The biggest problem is the people in IE doing the planning who don’t realize what actually happens each day in our not so perfect world. All to make the shareholders more money. Sure the numbers sound logical and reasonable on paper, but there are too many variables within the company and our surroundings. Just because we have more daylight in the summer, doesn’t mean we should bump up SPC. That has always blown my mind since these pkg cars are mobile ovens. Or how about the law states we can work them 70hrs, we should do that. It’s only another few hours.
70 hr rule is in place for those who drive over the road not for killing delivery drivers who make 150-200 stops a day working for a tyrant.
@Tony Q is a lazy and disrespectful poster who couldn't and hasn't done our jobs. He just wants to demean those that have.

F

Frankie's Friend

The 70 hours is a dot law. I’m sorry you have to ball up and file to get paid out on 9.5 Grievances. As far as wages go the Part times feel they are not getting good raise so I disagree with what you want.
DOT law to allow the company to work short haul delivery drivers into the ground? It was meant for OTR drivers.
Exhaustion behind the wheel can kill.
You don't care about package car drivers. You're just a puppet alien who will leave this site as soon as your assignment is done.
Let's vote it down and let the chips fall where they may.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
DOT law to allow the company to work short haul delivery drivers into the ground? It was meant for OTR drivers.
Exhaustion behind the wheel can kill.
You don't care about package car drivers. You're just a puppet alien who will leave this site as soon as your assignment is done.
Let's vote it down and let the chips fall where they may.
why can't you and anyone else put that shill on ignore? Page after page of the same exact complaints and arguing in circles with Lagunabrown Tony and a couple others, for months now. They add no value and have no purpose other than to push buttons. Every thread has turned into these nitwits engaging others to talk in circles over a crap contract we already know we're voting down.

In fact, they may be the same person, because the spelling and grammatical errors are exactly alike; similar to a third-grader. Why would anyone engage them when they are literally dumb as rocks?

Days

Yes, toll on your body is correct. I’m in my 30’s, in decent shape, and perform to the company’s standards most days.

I’ve been driving almost 5 years and my knees and feet are not in the same condition as they were when I started. I spend good money on work shoes/boots and purchase at least 4 pair a year.

Every morning when I wake up I waddle thru the house to slip on some flip flops or house shoes, depending on the season, to put some kind of cushion in between my feet and the floor until the soreness works itself out.

Then when I get to work, if I have go upstairs for some reason I have been catching myself literally using both handrails to lift and pull myself up them.

My phone tracks my steps each day. You should check yours if your not too busy harassing one of your employees, since you obviously aren’t a driver. Then compare them.

This is the results of last week

9/10 8.4 miles 18,130 steps
9/11. 8.4. 18,420
9/12. 10.6. 23,220
9/13. 8.7. 19,343
9/14. 8.9. 19,700

This is about average 8-10 miles a day doing anywhere between 150-170 stops per day plus 15-20 pick ups each day.

Tell me that doesn’t put a toll on your body smarta:censored3:!

5 years. You're only 30 and you have to hold onto the railing because of having to walk.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I guess I'm the only one that finds it comical.

@wide load

It's always about the money bud. If Tyler doesn't like working at UPS he can just save his money and quit and get a really good fully paid education or maybe even work part time at UPS while he does it.
I used to hear the same “If you don’t like it, quit!” mantra from management all the time. Even in his latest video, that kid Tyler never mentioned an RPCD wage. He talked mostly of the slavery of 22.4 and part timers. All these people complaining about his own wage is ridiculous. The kids a steward right? Probably facilitating union business in the morning before shift right? You do get to punch in for union business. A simple fact that most seem to forget.

mikejonesjr

He is saying that on behalf of everyone. I know it's hard to imagine someone not just thinking he's getting his so screw everyone else. That's why I appreciate that guy

F

Frankie's Friend

why can't you and anyone else put that shill on ignore? Page after page of the same exact complaints and arguing in circles with Lagunabrown Tony and a couple others, for months now. They add no value and have no purpose other than to push buttons. Every thread has turned into these nitwits engaging others to talk in circles over a crap contract we already know we're voting down.

In fact, they may be the same person, because the spelling and grammatical errors are exactly alike; similar to a third-grader. Why would anyone engage them when they are literally dumb as rocks?
He's on here to steer voters toward pro management thinking.
Many will read but not post.
Rebuttal of his lies is for the sake of those who can't figure it out themselves and may be persuaded to vote incorrectly.

Rebutting a fool may seem a waste of time but it's actually supporting maintenance of standards and an attempt to keep this job out of the ditch.

Last edited by a moderator: