We will not leave until you feed us

rod

Retired 22 years
Well water can be great tasting. It all depends on how much iron and other minerals are in it. We have great well water where I live and NEVER buy bottled water. Bottled water is the biggest con job ever put forth on the public. I won't say I have never drank a bottle of water but I can say I have NEVER bought one. Most bottled water is someones elses tap water anyway. P.S. Yes i still have all my teeth and haven't had any cavities in many years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My parents live out in the sticks and have well water. To me it smells kinda bad do you use a water softener.

I do not use a water softener - our water has a fairly high mineral content which I do not filter out - wondering about that as I sit here trying to pass kidney stones.
We do have a filter that takes out impurities but not anything that is dissolved.
Our well is 285 feet deep and so is classified as a deep-water well which does not have the smell problems common to shallow wells (90 feet or less).
Our water was falling as rain in the Ohio valley 800-1200 years ago - that according to the well man - not too sure about that though..

moreluck

golden ticket member
I always liked the joke when bottled water first became so popular......remember, Evian is naive spelled backwards !!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I always liked the joke when bottled water first became so popular......remember, Evian is naive spelled backwards !!

I laugh about bottled water too, most of it is tap water treated by the local water department somewhere. I have a millionaire on my route that bottles the local county water and puts a fancy name on it. The original water source comes from rain runoff from the Atlanta Airport. But its in a bottle, so it has to be good for you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was a bottled water drinker for years as our tap water does not taste very good. I would buy the 24 pack for work and the 5 gallon for my coffee. I finally bought and installed an undersink water filter and have stopped buying BW as there is very little difference between the two, especially when the filtered tap water has been refrigerated. My daughter couldn't tell the difference between the two. The filter has paid for itself in just two months.

My former brother in law lives in the boonies and they have a well. They put a fish in there--it has something to do with keeping the water clean.

bigbrownhen

I am on well water too. I can't stand the "chlorene" taste to city water. There are a few towns here and there that have great tasting water, but not one I go to very often. We have been thinking about an under sink filter system though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am on well water too. I can't stand the "chlorene" taste to city water. There are a few towns here and there that have great tasting water, but not one I go to very often. We have been thinking about an under sink filter system though.

I bought the Filtrete system for $50 at Lowes. Took all of 20 minutes to install. You should know that it does reduce the cold water flow considerably. You will also find that what you are used to setting the faucet at for hot will give you very hot water so you will need to nudge it more toward the cold to be comfortable (this is assuming you have a single lever facuet with the water mixer valve). My tap water tastes much better and I have said buh-bye to BW.

rod

Retired 22 years
That, and also "Dogs love trucks"......Some may respond "wrong" thats a pkg car.....Believe me, if you get hit by the brown box vehicle, it's a truck !

try correcting a cop that what you are driving is a "car" and see where that gets you:happy2: