Wegmans

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I just can never understand why guys freak out over something being built. Cross that bridge when we get to it. I can't tell you what we're going to have tomorrow until preload is wrapped. Never mind in July

This must be why peak is always so smooth.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Nah. Wegman's is nice. Whole Foods takes the cake though IMO
It's all opinion of course ...
I bought groceries several times at Wegman's while traveling in the NE and I rate them very high in selection and freshness and just a good experience.
Wegmans and many other stores are better than Whole Foods ... plus Whole Paycheck, as Mr. Jones coined it, is a ripoff not just a Whole lot more expensive. Trader Joe's is similar and prices seem to be half-the-price of Whole Food.
We shop at Publix and like it.
Kroger just sucks in experience.
Some of the WalMart Superstores (as well as Target) are really nice places.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I bought groceries several times at Wegman's while traveling in the NE and I rate them very high in selection and freshness and just a good experience.
Wegmans and many other stores are better than Whole Foods ... plus Whole Foods is a ripoff not just a Whole lot more expensive. Trader Joe's is similar and prices seem to be half-the-price of Whole Food.
I've had experience with Kroger back east.....not good, BUT out here it's Ralphs and they are OK. My favorite is Albertsons , but I find it's the people that I like.......Smuckers jelly is the same no matter what store I go to. It all comes down to service and friendliness when the product is the same.
I get 2 things at Trader Joes......grated cheese blended 3 types and pappardelle. The rest is overpriced.....as is Whole Food and Sprouts!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've had experience with Kroger back east.....not good, BUT out here it's Ralphs and they are OK. My favorite is Albertsons , but I find it's the people that I like.......Smuckers jelly is the same no matter what store I go to. It all comes down to service and friendliness when the product is the same.
I get 2 things at Trader Joes......grated cheese blended 3 types and pappardelle. The rest is overpriced.....as is Whole Food and Sprouts!
Yeah well, now that I remember, the Trader Joes out West were a whole lot bigger and a whole lot nicer than the one's here in Atlanta. At first, I was disappointed at the size and selection but I still went there. I know I could find fresh spices for cooking at Traders for half the price of Whole Paycheck (salute to @Jones).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

After reading the first page, I hope our town gets a wegmans! I'd deliver there any day and get some awesome lunch.

Am I the only driver left who brings his lunch to work with him every day?

Let's say that you spend about $10/day for lunch. We work 20 days per month. That works out to $200/month just for lunch.

Hellobrown2000

Wegmans and many other stores are better than Whole Foods ... plus Whole Paycheck, as Mr. Jones coined it, is a ripoff not just a Whole lot more expensive. Trader Joe's is similar and prices seem to be half-the-price of Whole Food.

What area of the country do you lI've in? I've been in several states and walmart in all of them have been white trash and ghetto with the worst customer service short of a dmv.