Weird dreams

DainGrant

I have been having some wierd dreams about sorting and delivering packages i also dreamt about the diad and punching in......anybody on here ever dream that. Alsi the diad was beeping

DS

Fenderbender
Re: Wierd dreams

I've had some really weird ones.
To quote Huey Lewis "Sometimes in my bed at night,I toss and turn and pray for the light"
I'm delivering one package in a huge abandoned mall,and there's about 50 or more derelict package cars left sitting as though some cataclysmic event took place.After a huge ordeal delivering it,I wander seemingly forever and wake up in a sweat after not being able to find my vehicle.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I had this one a several times a few years ago.

UPSmeoff

I also have dreams about work. Every one of them is the same. I don't have enough time to deliver all of the pkgs on the car.
Sometimes i dream that i'm in an old P1000 manual and i am too weak to turn the steering wheel in a tight cul de sac.
Weird.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I remember in my training class they had two senior drivers come in to talk to us about what we can expected, from a driver's POV. One thing they stressed was we would have dreams about UPS, especially in the beginning. They said it may sound weird, but it would happen. And it has.....

I have collasped on my couch exhausted, too tired to even get out my clothes. When I wake up-still in my uniform-I panic, thinking I have come home in frustration and the truck is parked outside. It takes me a couple of minutes to get my bearings and reason with myself why this isn't true.

When I worked at the air hub, I often dreamt about driving again. Now that I am, I often dream about working at the air hub, or I go FedEx-style and load my own car, departing the bldg at 10:00 with a full load of airs and a 20min drive ahead of me.

I once had a dream I kept finding FAILs-found airs in load.

My favorites are the dreams where I start out with what should be a routine day. I lolly-gag, and suddenly it's 4pm, dusk is upon on us, and I still haven't even finished my businesses, not to mention starting my residential deliveries; the stops won't come off. This has become a favorite-though I haven't had it in awhile as I am stuck working in the air hub or preload in my dreams-because I recently had this happen, and thus I was 'living the dream'.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

The fact the most of us have dreams about not having enough time to get the job done says volumes about the people we work for. Many years after I went driving I still had preload dreams. You know, it's 8:30, the drivers are waiting, and my cages are still packed to gills. I've been in feeders for two years, and I still have the 10:29AM dream...you know that one too, a shelf full of airs, and there is no way to deliver them. Now I have the feeder dream where I pull into a cul-de-sac and can't get turned around.

I find these dreams aren't like nightmares; they're more like being stuck in purgatory.

rod

Retired 22 years

I still have one of those delivery nightmares every once in awhile. It usually involves a never ending load that is nothing but stops that I've never heard of. Now though when I wake up I can laugh about it when I realize I don't have to go to work. I haven't had one for a long time but now that we are talking about it I suppose tonights the night. Damn.

OptimusPrime

Was bad during my 30 days. Would have these dreams of trying to deliver something, only to enter a pitch black room, and stumbling around to find the exit, then getting panicked. Only to repeat it. Would wake up dog tired. Was sleep walking. Hadn't done it since my youth. Live in a small 3 bedroom house. Only thing I could piece together was that I would enter a bedroom, then shut the door behind me, then have problems getting out.

Buck Fifty

I still have one of those delivery nightmares every once in awhile. It usually involves a never ending load that is nothing but stops that I've never heard of. Now though when I wake up I can laugh about it when I realize I don't have to go to work. I haven't had one for a long time but now that we are talking about it I suppose tonights the night. Damn.

Ditto !!!

iruhnman630

Looks like all of us have experienced the 'never ending work' dream....a few of us have had it come true at least once.

I've also experienced the impending accident dream, where no matter what I do or how slow I'm driving the package car is about to hit something and I will not be able to stop it. That one wakes me up in a cold sweat every time.

old brown shoe

30 year driver

I always had dreams of putting in a long day and when I returned to the building and open the bulkhead door to find my truck still full of deliveries.

over9five

Staff member

I still have one of those delivery nightmares every once in awhile. It usually involves a never ending load that is nothing but stops that I've never heard of. .
That's the one I still occasionally have. Can't think of a single dream I've ever had about Feeders.