Weird dreams

Nolimitz

Re: Wierd dreams

not a dream but true story. Was filling in for vacation in a rural domicile rte (fedex) got back to my place around 5pm and fell asleep on couch. woke up again at 6:30. freaked out thinking it was 0630. grabbed a 2 min shower and ran to truck. made a quick stop to grab some smokes. Turns out the cashier got my brain thinking again before I realized it was 18:30.... went out side saw sun in west not the east on a late summer day... what a maroon!

Notretiredyet

Had those dreams the first few years too, was talking with a rookie about that recently. He asked if they ever go away, I told him yes once you find the right medication.

Re-Raise

I've also experienced the impending accident dream, where no matter what I do or how slow I'm driving the package car is about to hit something and I will not be able to stop it. That one wakes me up in a cold sweat every time.

That is the one that gets me. I will be trying to steer an out of control vehicle knowing that I am going to hit something and can't stop it. I wake up when I crash.

I guess that is similar to the falling dreams people have.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The one I seem to have over and over is that I show up super late for work. I then often wake up and freak out that I'm late.

laffter

The fact the most of us have dreams about not having enough time to get the job done says volumes about the people we work for. Many years after I went driving I still had preload dreams. You know, it's 8:30, the drivers are waiting, and my cages are still packed to gills.

I find these dreams aren't like nightmares; they're more like being stuck in purgatory.

I'm not sure I could have said this any better myself.

Most of my UPS dreams are about wrapping up, and feeling like it's never going to end.

Nickfury7

I wake up in a panic feeling like I have to deliver packages. Another dream that I have is that I end up taking the package car home, and I wake my gf up telling her I have to take the pc back and she has to follow ne with the car. Smh. Its crazy that everyone has these nightmares! Lol

curiousbrain

When I was first hired (Preload), I used to have dreams about not being able to wrap on time, or that I would have a billion misloads. Then, I got comfortable with the job and the dreams kind of went away. The recurring dream I used to have was where it was all black, but there was a white light and boxes would just fly out of it, and they were all for me. I'm not sure what the rest of my belt did during that dream.

I still have dreams about work, but they are always restricted to things that I am unsure about (e.g. crappy management decisions), never about performing my job.

packageguy

I have been having some wierd dreams about sorting and delivering packages i also dreamt about the diad and punching in......anybody on here ever dream that. Alsi the diad was beeping

I had a few, the nightmare was I would deliver packages, come back to my truck open the bulk head door, the truck would never get empty....

S

serenity now

i make my living driving for ups, but i'm not a ups driver
that's not my identity * it's a thin, but important distinction
leave it all at the gate

Logb17

I wish I could leave it all at the gate.

I often dream that I stop at home or somewhere else and all of the sudden its 7pm and I have 100 stops left, then i start panicking. Or ill dream im laying in bed or just at home and forgot I still have 20 stops to do. After I wake up Ill have to sit up, look around and convince myself it was just a dream, and I dont have to hurry and get in the truck sitting outside, and hope they don't fire me.

BrownArmy

I don't dream about work, per se, but often my dreams will take on the set and setting of UPS, as in, I'm in a package car and there are a lot of houses that I need to go to. The dreams are about other things, just wrapped up in the trappings of UPS.

I did have one weird dream though, which was sort of in two diverging/converging parts. I can't remember the one half of the dream, but that half kept switching in and out of a documentary-style video complete with narrators who were talking about a particular package that had gotten onto the wrong truck.

In the dream it was very serious, but after waking up it was a little funny.

Guest after guest was talking about the mystery of this package..."Well, the thing was that no one knew where the package had come from...it wasn't even supposed to be on this truck..." etc.

Random.