Welcome new CEO - Carol Tome'

Question: Who cares?

If you choose to work 60 hours a week doing manual labor and make more than an onroad, good on you.

I chose to go into management because I didn't want to spend 30 years doing manual labor. There's nothing wrong with it. Most drivers work hard. It's an honest, respectable living. I drove for a few years and then chose to go into management. I have been in management for 15 years and am happy with this decision.

It's not a contest. Do what makes you happy and be happy with it. Why the competition over salary? To me it is apples and oranges. I can climb to division manager or higher. You guys can climb to feeder driver. For me it's not just current salary. It's opportunity, not wanting to do manual labor, etc. I get it....this is where you say we are all glorified cover drivers. I couldn't disagree more. In my 15 years, I have pulled routes maybe a dozen times. And I was the first one raising my hand to pull a route.

The bitterness and resentment here is just ... sad.
Just remember when you're in management you're never off the clock
friend* that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Question: Who cares?

If you choose to work 60 hours a week doing manual labor and make more than an onroad, good on you.

I chose to go into management because I didn't want to spend 30 years doing manual labor. There's nothing wrong with it. Most drivers work hard. It's an honest, respectable living. I drove for a few years and then chose to go into management. I have been in management for 15 years and am happy with this decision.

It's not a contest. Do what makes you happy and be happy with it. Why the competition over salary? To me it is apples and oranges. I can climb to division manager or higher. You guys can climb to feeder driver. For me it's not just current salary. It's opportunity, not wanting to do manual labor, etc. I get it....this is where you say we are all glorified cover drivers. I couldn't disagree more. In my 15 years, I have pulled routes maybe a dozen times. And I was the first one raising my hand to pull a route.

The bitterness and resentment here is just ... sad.
Thank you for everything that you do. From the bottom of my heart. Lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Z7whK9v3G63z.jpg